-1-

Roxannes POV

"I still want to be friends, Annie" he said softly as he gripped the steering wheel.

So this is what it's like to have the boy you love rip your heart out. A year and six months down the drain and all for what? For some stupid fücking camp.

"Annie" Monroe placed his hand on my thigh and I looked up at him, my vision blurry from the tears. "Please don't cry, this could be good for the both of us"

"How is this a good thing?" I scoffed. "I love you and I thought that you loved me!"

"I did but you can't deny that we've been drifting apart these last few weeks and with me going away to baseball camp for the summer...this was bound to happen." He cupped my cheek wiping a tear away with his thumb. "And I wasn't going to do it over text like an asshole"

I nodded.

He leaned over pressing his lips against mine kissing me softly. After a couple seconds he pulled back.

"Take care of yourself, Annie"

~1 month later~

"Come on, Roxanne!" I heard my little sister Ramona yell through my door. "I want to go out and mom won't let me go without you!"

I pulled my comforter up over my face trying to block her out completely.

"Come on, Ro! It's summer, you've already spent a month inside!" She knocked and I sighed.

After Monroe broke up with me I wasn't up to do anything. Everywhere I went I was reminded of that guy. I mean we were together for a year and a half and we live in a small town so there are memories everywhere.

I heard my door swing open and I took in a breath ready to yell at Ramona but a voice spoke letting me know it wasn't her.

"Get up" I heard my best friend Tamera say.

"No" I held the blankets tight knowing she was going to try and rip them off of me.

"Cut the lights on, Ramona" she said as she gripped the blankets trying to tug them off.

"No, Tamera, I don't want to go anywhere. Just leave me in peace!" I yelled actually upset. Why didn't they understand that this was where I wanted to be?

"No Roxanne, I'm not going to let you waste your summer on some fuck face with a tiny dick" she scoffed. "Next summer you'll be preparing for college so let's enjoy this one. You'll never get over him if you lay here thinking about him"

I stayed silent knowing she was right, next summer I'd be off to college starting the next chapter of my life but I just can't do anything without thinking about him.

I felt the bed rise on one side and I rolled over being wrapped in the blankets before landing on the floor face first.

"Ow you bitches!" I rolled over sitting up.

"Get dressed, we'll be downstairs. Get back in bed and I'll taze you" Tamera threatened but I knew it was more of a promise.

Tameras POV
~

Tameras POV ~