-8-

Tameras POV

"I'm sorry"

"What was that?" I asked as I watered my mothers garden.

"You heard me" Roxanne sighed.

"Why are you sorry?" I placed the watering can down before turning to face her.

"Because you were right" she looked away fiddling with her fingers.

"Right about what?" I bit back a smile.

"Why are you trying to milk this apology so much?" She sighed.

"I forgive you" I said holding my arms out for a hug. She hugged me tightly.

We stood in silence.

"Go ahead" I sighed. "You can talk about yesterday. I saw you"

"I don't know what's wrong" she let out like she'd been holding it in for a long time. "I was there with him in that booth and I was unhappy. For weeks I had been dreaming of even being close to him but now-" she stopped. "Now it's different"

"Because he hurt you" I looked at her. "He's an asshole, Roxanne"

"Yes but I thought we could make it work I mean I have feelings for him" she looked at the ground. "There are just some things that he does that I wish he wouldn't do"

I held back a groan, I didn't want to help this relationship but I'm tired of seeing my best friend sad.

"Talk to him, communication is key" I shrugged. "Bring your concerns to him and work it out"

"Thank you" she said.

"For what?" I asked scratching my elbow.

"For putting up with my shit" she shrugged.

"What are best friends for?"

Kaileys POV
-

Kaileys POV -

-

"Hey gray" I laid on his bed as he looked through his closet.

"Hey Kay" He mumbled.

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out" I laid on my stomach.

"I'm actually kinda busy- have you seen my grey vans, I swear I saw them in here" he walked over to the bed looking under it.

"Gray-"

"Found em, yes!" He stood up with them in hand.

I sat up on my knees placing my hands on either side of his face.

"What are you doing?" He asked skeptically.

"Getting your attention silly" I smiled at him. Maybe flirting a little.

"Uh, what is it that you needed?" He stepped out of my hands sitting in his desk chair to get his shoes on.

"Well, Ethan's gone out with a friend and I thought we could go do something" I offered sweetly. These are one of those very rare days where Ethan and Grayson aren't practically joined at the hip. A day I can finally get Grayson alone.