CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

-AMIKO'S POV-

I wobbled inside the clinic with Nova on Benji's hip

I wobbled inside the clinic with Nova on Benji's hip . I walked to the counter before talking to the lady as Benji took a seat . The kids, Princess and Aunt Tommie was at my Dads house .

"I have an appointment for Amiko Garcia ." I smiled at the woman .

"Okay , your doctor will be with you shortly ." She smiled back and I nodded as I went to sit down by Benji . I fixed Nova's hair before tickling her stomach .

I looked at Benji and seen the stress and irritation all over his face

I looked at Benji and seen the stress and irritation all over his face . I know he was going through a hard time right now and I really didn't know what to do to cheer him up .

Maybe there's no cheer in this situation . I heard my name being called so we got up before following behind my doctor . We walked inside the room and she closed the door behind Benji .

"Ms. Garcia ." She smiled and I returned .

"Hi Nova !" She squealed as she grabbed her little hand . Nova giggled before reaching for Benji . I handed her over and laid down on the bed as Doctor Harris cleaned her hands .

"So we're finding out the gender today huh ." She said and me and Benji looked at each other .

"Yup ." I smiled .

"You been taking your vitamins ?" She asked and i nodded . She took some blood and my blood pressure .

"Yes ma'am ." I said as she rolled the cold gel on my belly . I could hear the baby's heart beat . I felt Benji staring at me .

"What Benji ?" I whined and he chuckled before shaking his head .

"Just admiring ." He shrugged and I smirked as I looked back at the screen .

"Alright , are y'all ready for the gender ?" Doctor Harris asked .

"Yes !" I squealed .

She moved the thing on my stomach more before printing out an ultrasound .

"Congratulations , your having a baby boy ." She smiled as Benji held this huge smirk . I guess I owe him $1000 .

"Boy so ." I said and he laughed as he grabbed the ultra sound .

"You having a little brother ." Benji said to Nova and she looked at me with her eye brows raised . I laughed at her facial expression before Doctor Harris wiped the gel off my belly and pulled my shirt down . She helped me sit up and I let out a breath .

"I'm bigger then Oprah in 89 ." I whined out of breath . Benji and Doctor Harris scoffed .

"Your gonna lose it just like you did with Baby Nova ." Benji said and i shook my head as I got down . Doctor Harris gave me some papers before we left and we dropped Nova off at My dads .

Benji took her in since I was kind of avoiding my dad . I didn't really like the actions he did back then but eventually , I was gonna have to get over it .

Benji got back inside and he pulled off to take me home .

"Are you sure you want to go to your crib ? You can stay with me ." He said and i shook my head .

"I'm okay Benji ." I said and he stared at me before shaking his head .

"No . I need you and my baby to be safe ." He said and I laughed before shaking my head .

"Why ask me if you was gonna make me stay with you ?" I asked and he shrugged . He drove to my house and I packed a bag before leaving to go to his house .

We pulled up and he helped me out . I was so ready to have my baby boy . I was gonna be naming him now and I was excited although I thought I was having a baby girl again but I'm happy with whatever god blesses me with and that was a baby boy .

Walking inside , Benji took my bag upstairs and I walked in the living room to see Brandon and Polo playing the game .

"Wassup sis ." Brandon said and I smiled before hugging him and Polo .

"When did y'all get here ?" I asked .

"We been here ." He said and i nodded as I walked upstairs . Benji was taking a long time . Walking up the stairs , I saw him by the dresser . I knew what he was doing . He was rolling him a blunt and his facial expression was telling me something .

I wrapped my arms around his waist before laying my head on his back .

"You okay ?" I asked .

"Yeah . Just thinking ." He said .

"Well we can think together ." I said because I've been thinking all day too . It was about Jayla and the whole situation in general .

"I'm just confused . 5 months has gone by and then somebody just comes and murder my sister ." He said and i sighed .

"Well let's think . Anybody me or you have killed , did they have any family that was in the drug game ?" I asked .

"Not that I know of . I mean Rosco , I took everybody out . Biggs I took everyone out . So I don't know ." He said and I went to go sit on the bed .

"Well we just have to keep thinking ." I said as I fidgeted with my nails . I felt Benji staring at me so I looked up . He was staring at me through the mirror .

"Miko ?" He called at me .

"Hm ?" I spoke .

"Do you know who killed my sister ?" He asked .

"What ? What kind of question is that ? No !" I said .

"Well you and Jayla was close . How come you weren't crying like everyone else was ?" He asked and i chuckled under my breath . I know he wasn't accusing me of killing Jayla .

"I don't know . I asked myself that same question ." I said . He looked at me like he was trying to read me .

"Okay ." He shrugged and I stood to my feet .

"Benji ! I know your not saying that I had something to do with Jayla being killed !" I spat at him .

"I was just asking ." He said and i shook my head rolling my eyes .

"I'm leaving . That is some bullshit for real Benji . For you to think some crazy shit like that , hurts me ." I said on the verge of crying .

"Wait Miko . I wasn't blaming you . You just been giving me this weird vibe and I don't know who killed my sister so I don't know who to trust ." He said and I chuckled .

"So you saying you don't trust me ? After all the shit I've done for you and you doubting my trust ?!" I shouted and he clenched his jaw . I pushed passed him but he grabbed me .

"Let me go Benji . I'm leaving  ." I said .

"Miko you can't leave . You staying here with me ." He said and i shook my head before breaking from his grip .

"I'm not going home . I'm going to my dads ." I said opening the door to be met with somebody I never thought I'll see again .