CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

-AMIKO'S POV-
-5 MONTHS LATER-

I was walking inside the mall with Princess , Milan and Tae . We were just shopping for things and honestly , I was ready to hit the shower and go to bed .

"So are you getting Nova tonight ?" Milan asked .

"No . She's staying with Benji again tonight ." I said as I took a seat in the booth at the food court .

"Tae can you go to Great American Wings and get me 10 piece buffalo wings with a side of fries and a water ?" I asked as I rubbed my 5 month old belly .

Tomorrow I had a doctors appointment to get the gender and the gender reveal was tomorrow . I was excited to see what we were having . I think it's another girl but Benji swears it's a boy so we made a bet . If it's a girl , he gives me my $1000 and if it's a boy , I give him his $1000 .

Tae went to go get my food as me and Princess talked .

"I have to go see my dad today ." I said .

"So princess , do you have any family down here ?" Milan asked . Princess tucked her hair behind her her .

"No . My aunt told me that I stayed with my mom and that my dad wasn't in my life because he had another family . My mom died and I stayed with my aunt then she passed when I was 16 and Biggs sweeper me off my feet ." Princess said and I poked my lip out .

"I'm so sorry ." Milan said and I nodded .

Princess was a sweet girl . She didn't talk much and hardly see her around the house . She just stay in the room . Tae came back with my food and I smiled before sitting up .

"Fat ass ." He said and I frowned .

"You really think I'm fat ?" I asked and he shook his head .

"No girl . I was just playing . See you about to cry ." He said as he saw me wiping away tears that were forming .

"So Benji asked me to move in with him ." I blurted out as I ate a wing .

They looked at me and i sighed .

"What are you gonna do ?" Milan asked .

"I don't know . I mean I do get tired of going back and forth from house to house but then again , it's fun having my own place . Walking around naked and more ." I said and Tae laughed at me .

We continued to talk and eat before we left in our separate cars . I drove to my dads house and me and Princess got out . This was gonna be my dads first time meeting Princess .

Walking inside , I looked around before seeing my dad walking out the kitchen .

"Daddy ." I smiled and he stood in the same spot . Not moving .

"Daddy ?" I called out to him but he just looked stuck . He stared at Princess before looking at me .

"Hm ?" He said as he kissed my cheek .

"What's wrong ?" I asked and he shook his head .

"Nothing . Can I talk to you ? In private ? By yourself ?" He asked and i nodded before directing Princess to the living room . I followed my dad into his office and he closed the door .

"Wassup ?" I asked .

"Where did you find her ?" He asked and I frowned .

"Long story . She's a friend and she's living with me ." I said and he shook his head as he began to pace the floor .

"Dad , What is you doing ? Be still . You making a momma nervous ." I said as i rubbed my stomach and took a seat .

"Is her name Akari ?" He asked and i nodded .

"How do you know ?" I asked with curiosity . He was making me nervous .

"That's your sister ."

-BENJI'S POV-

"Aunty , we don't know the gender yet . Why are you grabbing pink clothes ?" I asked my Aunt Tommie and she shushed me .

"Oh would you shut up ? Y'all are having a girl and I know it ." She said and i shook my head .

"Okay . You and Miko gon owe me a thousand ." I said . I had a feeling that Miko was giving me a baby boy .

We walked around the store more before I checked the time . It was going on 3 and I knew I had to pick the kids up from school .

Aunt Tommie payed for the clothes and we left . I dropped her and Nova off at home and then drove to the kids school .

Pulling up , I saw a huge crowd . Confused at what was going on , I just got out to be nosy . I stood by my truck just watching the crowd form more bigger .

Police cars then pulled up and ambulances and I grew confused . Now I thought this was just a fight . Seeing the police officers jump out , they ran to the crowd .

It cleared up before they pulled out a stretcher . They had somebody on , somebody I couldn't recognize from a far . They began rolling it by and who I saw made my stomach turn into knots .

I saw them rolling Jayla on the ambulance . Running to her side , it look like she'd been shot . So much blood was gushing from everywhere as I grabbed her hand .

"Who are you ?" A man asked .

"I'm her fucking brother now let me on !" I spat at him as he pushed her up onto the truck . I spotted the kids running up and I threw Pierre my keys .

"Meet me at the hospital ." I said as they closed the doors .

I clenched my jaw as I took my phone out dialing Brandon's number .

-JAYLA'S POV-
-1 HOUR BEFORE-

I was sitting on the bench outside since I had no class . Well I had a class but my teacher wasn't here so we were in the gym but I didn't wanna be in there . It was the last period of the day and I was tired and missing my baby .

I watched as cars drove by just in the daze when somebody walked up to me . He looked young . Like really young . 21 year's old I would say . He was caramel skinned with tattoos . He was handsome .

"Aye , you Jayla ?" He asked and i raised a brow .

"Depends on who's asking ." I said with a raised brow .

"I'm asking . I watching from a far and just wanted to say you beautiful ma ." He said and the sun beamed in my face which made me smile but it was kind of a mug .

"Okay . Your name ?" I asked .

"Mali ." He smiled .

"Thanks Mali ." I smiled and he gave me a head nod .

He walked off and I put my attention back on my phone . In the corner of my eye I saw him turn around .

"You know death is the solution to all problems ." He said and i raised a brow in confusion .

"Excuse me ?" I spoke up and he walked back over .

"I said death is the solution to all problems ." He said and i stared at him . Chills went through me and I got this bad vibe from him and I guess he could tell . He chuckled under his breath before he pulled out a 9mm hand him and pointed it at me .

"Your death is gonna be a solution to one of my problems ." He said before I heard loud pops and burning sensations through my body .