CHAPTER THIRTY

-AMIKO'S POV-

"What do you mean she is my sister ?" I asked my dad as I quickly stood to my feet .

"You and mom never told me you guys had another child !" I shouted at him .

"That's because it wasn't your moms . I cheated on her . Just a one night stand that turned into Akari being born ." He said with disgrace in his tone and that upsetted me because Princess is an angel .

"Are you serious ? You cheated on mom ? Did she know ?" I asked and he rubbed his temples before shaking his head .

"No . She didn't . When Jaslene told me she was pregnant by me , I couldn't believe . I didn't want to leave your mother because I loved her and I didn't want to hurt her ." He said .

"But instead you hurted Princess by not being in her life ?" I asked and he sighed . He was about to speak again but I ignored him when Benji called .

"Yes Benji ?" I asked .

"Come to the hospital . It's Jayla ." He spoke . I quickly hung up before grabbing my bag .

"This conversation is over okay ? Love you ." I said before walking out the room .

"Wait Amor ." He said and I put my hand up .

"Save it daddy ." I spoke as I grabbed Princess and we left . We drove to the hospital before getting out and walking inside . My heart was racing and I was hoping Jayla was okay .

Walking in the waiting room , I saw everyone . I looked at Benji to see him looking totally stressed out with Nova in his arms . I took a seat by him and Aunt Tommie before grabbing their hands .

"It's gonna be okay . Think positive ." I said and Benji shook his head .

"She was bleeding so much ." His voice cracked and that only made me more nervous . We waited hours in the waiting room . It was going on 7:00 and still no update on Jayla .

"I'm finna go see what's tak—."

"Family of Ms. Rodriguez ." We heard the doctor .

Everyone jumped up before walking towards him .

"Ms. Rodriguez suffered from 10 gunshots to the body and she lost a lot of blood . I'm sorry to tell you... but I'm so so sorry for your loss ." He spoke and my heart race began to skip . I began to feel hot . I was angry . I wanted to cry but something was not letting me . I was totally confused with my body .

I took a seat before I looked up at Benji who had his hands over his head . I saw his eyes become watery and so did Brandon's and the kids .

I palmed my face . Things just couldn't stop happening . Jayla's innocent life was taken away . It caused me to think . 10 gunshots ? Someone was trying to send a message .

Benji walked out as Aunt Tommie came and sat by me . I hugged her as she cried on my shoulder .

"It's okay ." I whispered in her ear . Who would do such a thing like that ? It had to be somebody me or Benji knew .

-BENJI'S POV-

I slammed my hand on the wheel with so much anger . 10 gunshots ? This was definitely somebody sending a message but I was confer on who would want to send a message to me .

I wasn't in war with nobody so who could probably do such a thing ? They took my fucking sister away .  I feel like this is all on me . I'm in this drug shit and when you in it , it only causes you to get hurt in the end .

I got to quit this shit because I'm losing people close to me . My blood . I got out the car before walking back inside since I was now calm . I picked up Nova before hugging her tightly .

"Benji it's gonna be alright ." Miko said and i stared at her . I thought she would be crying but she wasn't .

"That's my little sister . Somebody took her from me and word to my mother , I want war with anybody ."

-NEXT MORNING-

I felt kisses being planted on my face before I opened my eyes seeing Nova and Miko . I tackled the two playfully as they laughed .

I got out of bed before opening the curtains and staring down at the kids as they sat in the lawn chairs in the front yard .

"You okay ?" Miko wrapped her arms around my waist .

"Honestly . I don't even know ." I said .

"We're gonna fund who did this . Obviously somebody wants to send us a message and their not playing . We have to protect the kids before some more people important to us gets hurt ." Miko said and it made a lot more since .

"Where are we gonna take them ?" I asked and she looked like she went into deep .

"My dads place ." She shrugged and I raised a brow .

"You think he's gonna take them all in ?" I asked .

"Yeah . Call Aunt Tommie and let her know . And the Gender reveal is cancelled ." She said and i nodded .

I walked in the bathroom before showering and starting my day and Miko came in and did the same . I  went into deep thought about my sister . My job was to protect her and I didn't even do my job .

"Stop beating yourself up Benji ." Miko said as she rubbed my back before picking up Nova as she played in her hair .

"Let's go get you dressed ." Miko cooed to Nova as they walked out . I jogged downstairs and out the door before walking over to the kids .

"What y'all talking about ?" I said pulling a chair up .

"Jayla annoying ass . I miss her bro ." Kairo said and I nodded .

"I do too ." I spoke .

"You find out who did it ?" Pierre asked .

"Nope . I don't have no clue who it is ." I said and just saying that was pissing me off . I had no leads at all .

"Who ever did what they did is doing it for revenge . And I don't want he or she getting close to y'all . So y'all are going to be staying with Luis . Miko's dad until further notice ." I said and they nodded .

"What about Princess ?" Riley asked .

"She's coming along ." I said and they nodded before walking inside leaving me there to think . I walked inside before jogging inside to go get dressed so we could go to the clinic to get the gender .