i-ship-gu

i look around to see pictures of me.

every. single. picture. was. stolen. 

some were still hung on clips since it was just developed, or not. i don't know, maybe he just left it like that when he left. 

"do you like what you see?" he whispers and i trudge around the room with him clinging on my back.

"particularly not, im the one on those pictures. but.. how could you keep this, oh my god." still at awe. everything was there, i really did think he took pictures of me everyday. 

"do you remember this?" he picks a picture from the wall and giddily awaits for my answer. the picture was my back buying from an ice cream truck, and i most definitely remember this because this was also the first time i took a picture of him openly. i nod excitedly and even confidently answered his question. after a few minutes of walking around looking at pictures, we settled on his bed.

"im so sorry you had to reject that," i fiddled with my fingers until he stopped me.

"i told you, it was my decision to make. don't be sorry about it," 

"still.." i mumble. he pulls me into a warm hug and strokes my back carefully. 

"as long as i get to be beside you, im happy. im more than happy. can you even imagine how happy i am right now that i get to pull you anytime in my warmth? what you can imagine, make it thousands more," he sighs which weirdly makes me feel at ease. "i love you so much, hyerin. you know that?" he mutters and i lightly nod.

"so why did you keep it all these years?" 

"because i was waiting for you," 

"waiting for me to what?" 

"to confess." he chuckles while i glare at him, but he only pulls me to a hug once again. "i was just joking. i was waiting for you to open up to me. you know im not really the type of person to initiate a talk. and you were my opposite. though it took a few years," he chuckled while i gave in to his sweet talk.

"i love you," i mumble before the silence thickened. "i love you that i think i can even pluck a star for you," i childishly said as i stared right to his eyes.

"me too," he nods as he kisses my forehead lovingly.

"your birthday's coming up." i hesitantly opened, smacking my lips to relieve my nervousness.

"yeah," he simply answers.

"let's celebrate it, should we?" i anticipate for his answer but he only gives me a sigh. "hey, since when did you start not celebrating your birthday? don't you think your father will be upset about it? please," i beg and even clasp my hands. "introduce me the day before your birthday," 

"its a deal then," he smiles as i jump at him for another hug.

---

"happy birthday lee dohyun!" everyone shouts, my mom and brother, eunhee, dongho, bohyun with a phone connecting a video call with yoosung, and his mother, as we enter their house. after going to his father's grave in the afternoon, i instantly dragged him around the city just for this surprise to happen in the midnight.

"i can't believe he's finally celebrating his birthday." his mom emotionally hugs me as i stroke her back to calm her down. "thank you," 

"no.. i didn't do anything great, please don't thank me," i mutter as we swayed sideward.

"happy birthday lee dohyun!" once again, we shouted as we made our way to the dining room from the living.

"your wish is a must," his mom brings out a cake with a candle lit on it. dohyun  blows out the candle.

"happy birthday dohyun.." we started singing as he shyly snuggles around. 

"thank you everyone, though i expected this since hyerin was so obvious," i glared at him and everybody chuckles. we started eating until everybody was full. after watching a movie, everyone decided to sleep. my mom and brother along with eunhee and dongho goes back to our house, while auntie and bohyun goes upstairs.

"sleep with me," i blow the water i was drinking to his face and was literally choking while dohyun was just laughing his ass off. he was cleaning the dishes for me while i was nonchalantly drinking when he said that. 

"can you stop.. shocking me like that?" i said between my hitched breaths. "you always startle me," i rolled my eyes. 

"i'll sleep on the floor, you get the bed," he wipes his hands on the apron and takes it off, pushing me to his room. after preparing to sleep, i stared at the ceiling.

"can't sleep?" dohyun asks after a few minutes. i hum in response. "me too," he says with a sigh. 

"everything is still so unreal for me," i mumble, not budging a bit. 

"yeah. i got you, i got a scholarship from states but rejected it, i got another scholarship in here, im in college. and now, im even sleeping the same room with you," he chuckles while i throw a pillow at him.

"but same," i chuckle as i looked beside me to see the starry sky.