yook

i enter my room without even flinching a bit. how dohyun left me, i still had that posture.

it was once in a lifetime thing.

i just kissed and hugged the lee dohyun.

i screeched as loud as i can which resulted to my mother and brother running inside my room. 

"mom, jinsuk-ah," i emotionally cover my mouth, on the verge of crying of joy. "my crush of seven years.. just hugged me!" i screamed at the top of my lungs and hugged my mother. 

"god, hyerin, i thought it was something," jinsuk says. "don't scream like that, you're scaring us." he pats my head. "but congrats. you got his number already, and even hugged him." he sarcastically said and i hit him.

"mom!" i screamed once again and hopped around the room with my mom linking arms with me.

"yeah, yeah, lucky of you," she says and pats my head. "now go wash yourself up then get some sleep, i bet you'll get a good one," then leaves the room.

i jump to my bed and wiggle my feet in excitement. 

"tsk, tsk, tsk." my brother mutters then leaves the room. 

i hug myself tightly to prevent myself from screeching again but happily failed to do so.

----

"hey, stop hurting eunhee," i stop dongho from hurting eunhee then sat on our usual seat. dohyun was tailing me and sat in front of me. 

"you guys look great together," dohyun says much more comfortably than a month ago. it only took him a month to get out of his shell and we're kind of pumped up about it. he laughs freely, often jokes around, and talks so much.

"don't we?" eunhee says and looks at dohyun. "i told you, just date me," then she turns around to dongho.

"what, no!" dongho insisted so much that he even shouted so loud. 

"okay, fine then! don't ever fall for me, suckass." eunhee says then rolls her eyes. dohyun and i quietly eat and chuckle at their childishness.

"as if i will," dongho scoffs then continues eating.

"stop fighting and eat quietly, will you?" i ask them and they just scoff at the same time. i smile knowing that their relationship will bloom into something good.

after trying to stop them from fighting, my eyes unconsciously landed on dohyun, but he quickly avoids it. i shrug then continued eating.

"hey, are you all free later?" dohyun asks out of the blue when we got out of the cafeteria.

"i am," i quickly responded without hesitating.

"yes, me too." eunhee says and clings on my arm.

"count me in," dongho says and once again, makes face to eunhee. they bicker all over again and i sigh, leaving me out of their childish fight.

"why though, what's up?" i ask dohyun out of curiosity.

"my mom wants to meet all of you," he smiles.

"why?" i ask, excited at the thought of meeting his mom. 

isn't this the first step of becoming his girlfriend?

i screamed on the inside but then thought again, and became slightly disappointed because it wasn't just me. i'll come with my friends. 

"well, after years, you're the first ones to become my friends and my mom has been bugging me about meeting the ones who 'brought me back to life'," he mocked. i chuckled with him. "i have been going home late these past few weeks and she's crazy about it," that's right. he's been walking me home as if it became his habit. i should avoid that from happening again.

"right, im sorry about that. you should stop walking me home," i jokingly laughed but he just gave a smile. 

"don't worry about it. you shouldn't walk home by yourself. classes around this time of the school year ends late because of self-study." he smiles assuredly. 

"how far is your house from ours anyways?" i ask, unknowingly leaving the two love-bickers alone in their fight. 

"its actually near," he smiles, as if it has been glued in his face everyday. "that's why its okay to walk you home," he continues.

"how near is near?" i chuckle. "i never saw you walk to a bus stop, is it worth walking distance only?" i ask once again but he only shrugs and chuckles. "whatever, i'll find out later anyways," i lightly bump him and walk faster.

---

"you're literally my neighbor!" i shout as my jaw dropped that his house was only three houses away from mine. "how could you not tell me!" i lightly hit him in the back repeatedly.

"i told you its near!" he said.

i was alone with dohyun since eunhee suddenly had an emergency with her part-time job, saying no one was able to replace her. dongho then says he's out since eunhee's out. i knew that he's only been hanging out with us because of eunhee. they secretly like each other but i wanted them to realize it themselves.

i couldn't walk out from this one since it will be rude if we said we'll go but then no one will. but it may probably be because of another reason... like spending more time with dohyun and actually meeting his mother.

"hey, why aren't you moving?" dohyun nudges me. 

"i don't know, im nervous." i said and started fiddling with my fingers. i just stared at their porch until warmth engulfed my cold hands. he held my hands tightly and looked at me.

"why are you nervous?" he laughed out loud. "stop that, you'll hurt yourself." he then pulls me to the front door.

"i can't do this, i can't, i can't, i can't," i mumble. "but it would be rude if i didn't," i ramble. "ah, what am i going to do," i groan.

"i'm going to open it already," he warns then opens the door. "mom, we're here," he shouts through the whole house.

i readied myself to meet my soon to be mother-in-law, but prepared myself more not to slip and do something dumb in front of her.