i

"don't you have any friends? why do you stick with us?" i irritatingly asked dongho when i realised that after the incident a few week ago, he sticks with me and eunhee.

"aren't you my friends?" he pouted and clung into our arms.

"what the hell," eunhee cringed beside us.

"i posted on my social media yesterday that we broke up, what do you think the people will think of if you stick around with us like this?" i roll my eyes and drag eunhee with us who was a step behind.

"hey, do you know how scary my fans are? im doing this for your own sake!" he pointed at my face, as if proving a fact that i should've known. "besides, i don't want to hang around my friends. all they do is cut classes," he frowned.

"he's right, hyerin, let him be." eunhee said. "and do it for me, i've got a crush on dongho for months already! help me out!" she lowkey whispered in my ears.

"see," dongho said. 

as we were walking to the cafeteria, dohyun passed right in front of our eyes and my eyes followed him.

eunhee kept on nudging me until dongho caught up with us.

"you like dohyun?!" he asked so loud that even dohyun looked to our side.

i immediately bowed to all the people in the cafeteria that stopped eating just because of dongho. i punched him in the stomach and while bowing, i dragged them both outside the cafeteria.

"how mighty of you to like THE lee dohyun!" he laughed until he held his stomach. i hit him so many times until he stopped. "okay, okay," he chuckles.

"i dare you to spread that i'll eat you alive," i frowned at him and pouted at eunhee. "tell me he didn't hear that," i begged her. 

"i can't assure you that," she chuckled. "but wouldn't be that great?" she blurts out as if she thought of a mind blowing idea. 

"if it weren't for dongho literally announcing that i'm his girlfriend, that would be that greatest scenario i'd ever love," then i glared at dongho. "anyways, let's go back, im hungry." and i dragged eunhee to the cafeteria, leaving dongho behind.

"hey, wait for me!" he shouts and catches up with us.

---

"hey, hyerin." i was doing my essay at a free time when i was called. my heart, as if on cue, thumped fast. it felt like as if it was wanting to come out.

"u-uh," i looked at dohyun who was now in front of me, smiling. "yes?" i said with the quickest and tiniest voice within me, and along with my heart, i felt my throat dry up. 

"hello, here's your paper." he chuckled and handed me my paper. with trembling hands, i took it, and slightly bowed for a sign of thanks.

when he passed after me, i felt the urge to breathe as if i was holding it in. i immediately drank water while looking at my paper.

i pouted, looking at that one number i got wrong. 

fucking derivatives.

i thought and drank one more time, and while there is still water in my mouth, 

"that question was in the last quiz though.." dohyun mumbled beside me, who was leaning on my desk's armchair. i widened my eyes and accidentally burst out the water in my mouth, in his face. 

everyone in the room stopped what they were doing, including me. dohyun with his eyes closed, chuckled. after a few seconds, he looked at me and laughed a little, that was when i got to my senses.

"oh fucking shit!" i shouted. "im so sorry!" i handed him my handkerchief which was fortunately in my pocket. while was wiping his face, i got my wet tissue and wiped him too, while apologizing.

"its okay, hyerin." he assured and smiled at me, still laughing a little. in the background, i can still hear dongho and eunhee laugh, even though minutes have passed already.

"no, no, no, im so sorry." i kept on wiping his face until he held my hand to stop me. i immediately felt my face blush when he did that.

"i told you, its okay." he smiled once again and turned his attention to my paper. "this question was on the last quiz." he said and pointed at the number i got wrong.

"yeah.." i said and settled on my seat. "i got it wrong last time too." i smiled at him. "i just can't fucking get derivatives," i sigh and looked at my paper once again. 

"that's such a waste," he said and intently looked at your paper. "perhaps, do you want me to teach you? i promise it wouldn't need much time. you keep up really fast." he said and looked at me, i fiddled with my fingers as i realized how close his face was, and i looked at everything in the room except him.

as my eyes landed on dongho, he kept a thumbs up while grinning and when i looked at eunhee, she was mocking me with a face that i can't understand, while nodding.

"s-sure," i stutter out, then smiled at him. 

"later then." he smiled and patted my head, leaving.

after he left, eunhee and dongho went closer to mock and tease me.

"s-sure," dongho mocked and i just slapped him. i sighed as i continue to worry about what will happen later.

"wish me luck," i said and shortly after them teasing me, the bell rang.