gu

dohyun-ah, where are you?

i text dohyun for the nth time this day, i kept getting anxious. what if something happens? it was seven in the evening and it was very dark. i kept getting weird thoughts.

i flinch when i heard the familiar ringtone, opening the message. i sighed when it was from an unknown number. i read the message and took a sharp breath.

he stayed late last night.. i was hoping you'd get scared at my last letter. save my name, baby. this is the first time im sending you a text.. and maybe the last. if you'll catch me doing something you wouldn't like. i love you! stay at home. ^^

i quickly brought my phone to my mom who was worried too, but doesn't know what to do. jinsuk isn't home because he has work, and i can't just call dongho and eunhee this late. 

"go to your room, its late," my mom started comforting me after giving me water to calm myself. 

"you go first mom, i'll just call dohyun," i smile reassuringly and her and she gave it back, then went to her room.

i dialed dohyun's number and after three rings, he picked up.

"hey prick, why didn't you answer my text?!" i said without giving him any second to say something. "you're probably home, right?" i furrow my eyebrows. "i mean, you should be home." i sternly said.

"..oh.. i may have been outside for awhile." he chuckles.

"what the fuck lee dohyun!" my heart started beating rapidly once again, recalling what the text said. "where are you?!" i say, going to my room to get a coat. i leave a note to my mom for her not to worry.

"im at the library. i gave something back and i just remembered the deadline is today. im on my way home anyways."  he says. "why, are you worried? i told you, nothing would ha--," he gets cut off and when i looked at the call, it was still connected. i cuss when i couldn't reach dohyun any longer, after the call has been cut off after a few seconds.

i started to get nervous and nervous every second i ran to the library. while i ran, i didn't hope for anything but to see dohyun still with a smile in his face, welcoming me to his embrace. tears helplessly flow out my eyes.

"dohyun-ah, please," i kept on muttering before arriving on the now closed library. i kept my eyes, hands, and feet busy looking around and back to the ringing phone, then dialing his contact once again. 

"dohyun-ah!" i shout at the human-less street, coldness engulfing me. but i didn't worry about myself, but at dohyun. "lee dohyun!" i shout and pass through few truck markets, asking if they have seen someone whilst i describe dohyun but they haven't seen him anywhere.

i crouch, feeling helpless. "lee dohyun, where are you?" i ask then forcefully wipe the tears that kept me from seeing clearly.

"yoon hyerin?" someone asks and puts their hand on my shoulder. 

"ah, what?!" i gave an attitude before looking at the owner of the voice. i act according to how i felt and kicked and hit him numerous times.

"lee dohyun!" i hit his back. "where the fuck have you been?" i kick him. "why are you not answering my calls? i told you to stay at home!" then i push him around while he avoids my hits and kicks. i breakdown in front of him, "do you know how long i've been looking for you?" my voice cracked and i stopped hurting him, but he still got a smile on his face. on the other side, i was happy he was okay.

"i bought these," he showed me a paper bag that he bought from the pharmacy. "they're for you. calming pills. they're helpful if you're.. going through that again." he slowly says but i just stare at him while crying.

before anything else said once again, i jumped at him and gave him a bear hug. i cry more the moment his hand stroke my back, calming me.

"i was so worried," i sob childishly. i heard him chuckle and hugged me tighter. 

"i didn't receive any calls. maybe my phone had no signals, sorry about that." then he started playing with my hair. "im sorry for worrying you." i sobbed louder.

when he was about to break the hug, i whine while sobbing then pulled him back to hug him tighter.

it was a relief nothing happened, and if something did, i'd have to regret it all my life, even take it to my grave.

"i.. should take what you bought," i sniffed, getting the bag of calming pills. i swallow a tablet harshly, used to eating tablets. he dragged me to a near bench then watched me carefully. 

after a few minutes, i was a lot calmer and he chuckled.

"maybe i should take that too," he tried getting it from me but i snatched it away.

"why would you?" i glared my puffy eyes at him.

"my heart is beating so fast," he bravely says and pulled our hands that i intertwined since awhile ago, up. "im afraid that it would suddenly jump out of me." he jokes but i just blink at him innocently. 

"what the fuck are you saying," i furrow my eyebrows.

"what im saying is.." he stops for a while. "we should head home. its late," he smiles then drags me up. i cling tightly on his arms, afraid that i might lose him the second i let go. 

"should i stay the night in yours?" i boldly ask as we arrive in front of my house. he choked in his own saliva when i opened the topic up. "im too worried to let go of you," i ask and used my eyes to beg.

"no, hyerin. im a man and i can take care of myself. i assure you that." he chuckles and shuffles my hair. "i'll go to your house tomorrow for you to check on me." he cups my face. "i. will. go. not you, okay?" he laughs lightly and lets go of my hand. "see you tomorrow, sleep well." he kisses the top of my head to reassure me. before he walks off, he winks at me which made me more worried. i don't even know what im feeling anymore. i can't get it out of my head.

when i saw him enter inside his house safely, just then i went inside to drink water then head to bed.

it was a hell of a night.