Fool's Paradise

Chapter 16: Fool's Paradise

You should not delude yourself if you cannot look beyond that which is enigmatic. For clarification comes to those who pause and ponder; otherwise you are running a fool's errand.

I couldn't believe what transpired in front of me. It was just that my mind couldn't mull over the incident that clung to my reason. I was frozen unable to prevent the unyielding repetition of recollection.

That woman had her claws all over Ayato and he was obliging her. My heart ached at this betrayal. It wasn't like me to turn tail and run but I couldn't swallow that which I had considered a crime scene. I was blindly stumbling around until tripped over something or someone.

"Ouch... That hurt." I cried out.

"Noisy woman." A deep voice spoke.

"Oh...Shuu-san....Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?" I asked glancing over him.

"Not so loud, I hear you." He said listlessly.

How could you hear me over his music and why was he sleeping on the floor of all places!?!

My emotions took control tears spilling from my eyes.

"What do you want? Is something the matter? " He asked.

"... It's just...that Ayato was...he was...." I said my words fading into oblivion.

"What, you. Are you complaining to me? How annoying." He yawned resting his palm lightly on the small of my back.

"Unfortunately, I'm not interested in charity work."

How mean...

I began to lift myself off of him but he wouldn't allow it

"You can't leave without my permission." He ordered.

"Who needs your permission. Give that... back to me, it's mine." Ayato growled barging into the room.

Shuu lifted us both to our feet relocating us to the couch. His arms rested possessively over my shoulder.

"I can not give you her. Taking care of High-quality bait is a big responsibility." Shuu replied.

Ayato was furious I could tell by the way his eyes burned. He tried to yank me from Shuu's grasp but I denied him

"N..no!" I yelled.

I just wasn't ready to confront him.

"Do you really think you're up to the challenge? Younger brother." Shuu provoked.

"Tsk..fine, have it your way." Ayato said storming from the room.

"Shuu-san, uhm. Thank you, thank you very much."

"It's all good. It was rather annoying." He yawned.

"I'm tired. Now leave!" He snapped.

I didn't quite understand Shuu was he cold or was he compassionate?
Anyways that didn't matter at the moment for now I had to worry about how I would deal with my current situation.

Author Notes:
Ouch! My legs hurt. Hopefully I was able to pin Shuu's personality down. It was actually quite confounding on who I would choose to comfort Yui. I had to go to some of my family members for advice. Didn't really end as I though it would, however I did get some solid input. Anyways enjoy~

RUKI-SENPAI

S