Phantom

Chapter Six: Phantom

The red rose whispers of passion and of departure. Even its color resembles the crimson blood that flows though my vines. My lover craves for that blood to sate his unrelenting thirst.

I never stopped to consider how I ended up at the same balcony that Cordelia plunged to her death. Only I was haunted by the shadows that seem to pursue me. The door opened to reveal Richter the uncle of the brothers. It couldn't be we hadn't saw him since he had been mortally wounded. But after living with vampires anything was possible.

"It's only a matter of time until I get what I want." He spoke and just like that vanished into the night.

"Oh...so you were in here. Didn't I tell you to never leave my sight."

I held my arms as if to guard against the impending danger.

"What's wrong you look as if you seen a ghost." Ayato teased.

"It..it was nothing."

He moved swiftly grabbing me by the waist. He inhaled deeply burrowing his head in my back.

"Close your eyes." He whispered into my ear.

I shut my eyes tightly anticipating the pain that came with his teeth. Instead I felt something cold touch my neck. When I opened my eyes I saw a beautiful silver necklace shaped as a rose, it tested softly on my chest.

"I love it!" I said.

"I'm glad." He replied pulling me to the bed.

The weather grew increasing worse. Trees moved wildly in the harsh wind scrapping against the glass windows. Ayato looked at me longingly planting a kiss on my lips. The kiss became more sensual as his tongue brushed against mine. His teeth grazed my lips tearing it open.

"Ouch." I yelped.

"Delicious." He said licking the blood from my lip.

Lightning flashed a dark figure appeared with the light. The apparition peered at me with its ruby eyes.

"Kyaaaa!"I screamed.

"What's wrong?" Ayato asked looking over his shoulder.

When I opened my eyes the phantom had disappeared along with the lightning.

"How annoying...I'm tired lend me your lap." Ayato sighed sitting up.

I followed suit and sat up taking his head in my lap. I brushed his hair with my fingers as he drifted off.

"I hope everything will be alright." I said to myself.

"You're mine, no one will harm you." Ayato mumbled in his sleep easing my worries.

"I'm yours forever." I replied brushing he hair from his face.

I kissed him softly on the head.

Author Notes:
This took long than I anticipated for me to be able to update. I'm having slight writers block so I'm sorry if this chapter feels strained. Join me next time for the continuation featuring Ayato's POV

RUKI-SENPAI