Off with Her Head

Chapter 14: Off with Her Head

Never venture too close to a rabbit hole least you fall in, descending into either utopia or the nefarious nether world.

It was a balmy autumn day when I meet that bitch....ah no let me correct myself the wicked witch of the west.

No she wasn't green or anything but she was as maleficent as they came. I couldn't contemplate how someone so dainty and angelic could be pure evil. She resembled a marionette with her winding silver locks and abnormal turquoise eyes. Her attire was an extravagant scarlet Victorian styled gown.

"Here take these to my room." She ordered shoving her luggage my way.

"Mind your manners, Alice. Is that anyway to treat my guest." Reiji sternly scolded leaning against the wall.

"Guest? From her appearance I assumed she was hired help. " Alice scoffed.

"You should apologize for your crude behavior." He replied glaring at her.

"Hmmf....apologize to this...miserable human. I'd rather perish." She seethed.

Her name didn't correspond to her atrocious conduct. She was no Alice, and this was hardly any wonderland. If looks could kill than hers defiantly could. As the famous queen of Hearts quote goes,"Off with her head."

If I had any promotion of how she would lavish her affection on my lover then I would have kicked her to the curb; and I wasn't the jealous type.

Alice wrapped her hand around Ayato's arm guide him to the table.

" Ayato would you like to go out for a walk later." She asked pressing her bosom into his arm.

"Shut up....you're annoying." He snapped.

"How mean...how could you say that to your betrothed. " She wined.

Betrothed....as in to be married?

Tears welded in my eyes. I couldn't take it any longer, that women hanging all over him.

"Excuse me." I said softly leaving the table.

I could feel her heated gaze on my back and his muffled bickering.

"What the hell! What were you thinking, bitch. Let go of me. " He yelled at Alice then ran after me.

"Wait!...where do you think you're going? " He asked pulling me to face him.

" Go back to you're fiancee." I spat.

"Hah? Fiancee? You mean that annoying women. I don't won't her I want you." He spoke pulling me into his embrace.

"You piss me off....It was my stupid father arranged that." He grumbled.

As I was hugging him Reiji pulled him away.

"Let me borrow... this." He asked.

"G...go ahead." I replied.

When they left I was alone in the hallway with, Alice.

"Back off he's mine." She warned.

"W..what!" I sputtered.

"Keep your filthy hands off him or...else." She warned raking her talon like fingers down my cheek.

With the spilling of my blood I knew she'd give me hell the following days to come.