33 ♛

"10!"
"I love you!" Maximus screams.
"9!"
"Shut up and count down" I scream back.
"8!"
"I love you!"
"7!"
"I love you too!"
"6!"
"I love you!" I glare at him.
"5!"
"I know it's to early bu-"
"4!" I furrow my eyebrows, what was too early?
"3!" My eyes widen when Max kneels down on the concrete in his big hoodie that covered half of his face and looks up at me, slightly pushing it back.
"2!" Was he doing what I thought he was doing?
"Marry me Hales Adam!" My eyes widen and a smile breaks on my face.
"1!" I take his hand and help him stand up before placing my New Years Kiss on his lips.

We were both covered in large black hoodies, their hoods covering our eyesight resulting into us acting like blind mice. I break from the kiss and look towards my parents who were eyeing Max like he wasn't their prince.

"Is that a yes?" Maximus pulls my head towards him, his eyes desperate, happy and scared all at once.

"Isn't it too early? I mean we've been literally official two hours ago?" I wanted to say yes but I was scared. I know Max loved me but England would definitely not, I didn't want the pressure this relationship would bestow upon us.

"It's never two early to unite two souls that are madly in love. Im certain that I want to spend the rest of my life with you Hales Adams," I look towards my dad who was trying too hard to look tough in front of Max but was slowly softening with Max's corny speeches and endless smiles.

"Dad should I say yes?" He looks at my mom who shrugs then back at me, "As long as it makes you happy Bambi," I pout and 'muah' him before turning back to Max.

"Then my answer is yes Maximus Bartholome-" and with that said I was lifted from the ground and into his arms. The hood falls from my face as a laugh erupts from my mouth. I was swirling, I was on top of the world and the view beneath me was of my boyfriend looking the happiest he ever has looked.

But something was nudging me beneath the laughter and happiness of a new year. I was completely in love with this man but yet I wasn't ready for this huge step.

"Max, I want to know more about you before we rush..." I knew almost everything about him but that was the most coherent way of saying no without hurting him. He smiles and puts me down reaching behind me to place the hood back on my face where it belonged. Where it'll be glued once I've gained the unwanted attention.

"Maybe we should give it time? I mean we don't know each other enough?" The smile doesn't vanish from his face and he simply shrugs at the request.

"What is there you want to know? I'll take you to every place that holds a significance to me and with each place we travel I'll tell you a story about it," that sounded reasonable.

"Lets start with the castle I took you to," I look towards my parents but they had already vanished in the crowd, probably looking for Sam. I noted inside my brain that as soon as I return home that I'd tell Sam later that I was going to be a princess soon.

"That was my brothers castle, we loved that castle, it was our second home and it was just me and him always. After he died I didn't want to go there cause it held too many memories, but you gave me a reason to go back there and I made new memories with you," I smile and tighten my grip around him. The fact that he wasn't breaking with each sentence that came out of him was character development.

"I love you Hales Adams, I want the whole world to know that," I don't reply and just stare at him, stare at the face that was lit by the fireworks that exploded behind me, stared at the fireworks in his own eyes. The absurdity of the situation was too much to process all at once.