16♛

Dedicated to gotighosti and xXFellFromHeavenXx
~for being so supportive and loving❤️

The nightmare, the tears and the fear, I forgot about them when he held me in his arms and his hands caressed my hair. Something about his touch was soothing and I was the poor addict that now somehow needed it.  I move closer to him, the movie a mere whisper as a jumble of thoughts I couldn't process occupied my mind. His cologne was helping soothe me, it somehow smelt of vanilla and wet wood. I loved the smell of wet wood because it reminded me of home where our house was basically falling apart and you could smell wet wood all the time that I have linked the smell to home. He was there although I didn't like him seeing me in that state, or anyone seeing me like that. I appreciated that he sat there and embraced me and didn't make it awkward.

I close my eyes too exhausted to watch the movie. He thought the movie would distract me and make me forget of the nightmare but it was him and all his sweet gestures that distracted me and made me sober.

"I can dream."

My eyes instantly snap open. I was afraid to close my eyes, afraid of what fears were lurking and ready to attack me, of what dreams were ready to haunt me.

"Do you think that some dreams are just there to break us? Like they are there to tell us we can't do it and we are not good enough?" I find myself blurting out as I looked up at his dark face that was illuminated by the laptop brightness sitting on his lap.

He averts his eyes from the screen and looks down at me, his dark eyes staring deep into my scared soul, "Hales..." I close my eyes as his cold fingers move a strand of hair from my face.

"I don't know what to say honestly, Im not wise heck last time I checked I was the fuckup Prince who had to fill in his brothers shoes," I nod, he had large shoes to fill. After Prince Samuels death everyone had been pressuring Maximus, saying he wasn't good enough and the rumors weren't helping him in seeming like a good fit. The first time I met him, pale and shoulders slumped it actually showed how much that affected him. No one deserved to be attacked like that, the media was inconsiderate after he just lost his brother. I could remember the headlines, all of them bashing him and professionally calling him worthless and stupid but none daring to touch up on the rumors that weren't proved to be true or false because everyone knew that was crossing a line.
He wasn't ready for the stress, thats why he ran away and found comfort elsewhere.

"How does that feel?" He looked healthier now and I was happy he heed my advice. He was tanned and his body shape had had the biggest improvement ever. If I just made a judgment from his hoodie and slumped shoulders it would have been unfair, now that he walked with comfortability and a t-shirt I realized that he had a perfect body, muscles, nice torso, tall.

"Stressful," he looks away from me and into a burning candle as he watched it flicker in the dark, lost in his own thoughts.

"Max?" I gain back his attention his eyes moving back down at me.

"You are going to be a good King," he smiles, it was so small and delicate like he didn't believe that sentence.

"I hope," I slowly move my hand towards his and intertwine our fingers together as a gesture to show that I was also here for him just like he was an hour ago, my hand perfectly fit into his.

"I believe," I look back into his blue eyes that held a hidden sadness and a wall that tried to prevent me from seeing the broken Prince the world failed to see.