20♛

Prince Maximus was kissing me!

I didn't know how to react, my eyes wide open as he kissed me softly. My nervous system had shut down and I couldn't function anymore. I was in shock, my heart absorbed by tingles crawling from my lips down to the pit of my stomach. And in all honesty I wasn't prepared, a swirl of nervousness circling down in my stomach.

Then he stops and pulls away to nervously scratch his neck. I was still in shock and staring at him like he suddenly transformed into an ogre. I touch my lip and close my eyes trying to recall the unexpected kiss.

"Hales?"

"Yeah," I open my eyes and look towards him my thumb still tracing my lips.

"Im sorry- I don't know what got into me Im really-" before I could let any sane thoughts prevent me, I jump on him pushing him to the ground so that I was dangling on top of him.

"Hales?" My eyes were concentrated on his pink lips and I was contemplating whether I should do it or not.

"Are you-"

"Fudge it!" And with that I attack his lips, making sure this time I actually was a part of it.

I close my eyes and gently kiss him. Embracing the feelings that were exploding in every nook and corner of my body, swirling and rising as my lips danced with his and the rain water trickled down our bodies. Dirt mixed with rain, my body tangled in his, both a perfect combination that made warmth spread across my chest. The taste of his lips was smeared across mine as I continued to explore his lips. Desire burnt through me, the feelings of wanting growing more and more.

Then I pull away from the kiss and look down towards him, my soggy hair long enough to fall on his face. He had that stare in his eyes, that dark one that made me feel scrutinized. With a fierce hold, cupping the back of my neck he pulls me back down towards him and I go flying down just to land right on his lips. A raspy groan flees from his lips and I found my body growing weak as a respond to it, initiating a wilder fire between us.

Before I knew what was happening I was suddenly on the ground, his possessive touch pinning me down, he looks at me for a second, so brief but a look that certainly will be carved into my memory. I moan when he launches back down, now kissing me deeper than ever, his tongue begging for permission and when granted thrusts into my mouth as it battled mine. His fingers twine into my wet hair and he pulls my head up never even once wanting to break from the kiss.

The unexplainable feelings were growing, my chest felt like exploding and my stomach felt weird as different sensations crawled about, dancing all over my body.

Then he breaks the kiss but I couldn't open my eyes, the rain drumming my face, my body sinking into the dirt beneath. I was a longing wreck, my lips prickling like tiny little needles missing the feel of his on top of mine.

"Hales lets go," I nod but decline to open my eyes. I couldn't. Even though I wanted to I was afraid. The kiss was an evident alteration to our relationship and I didn't know how it would affected us. I was afraid because I knew things were never going to be the same.

"Hales?" I open my eyes and look up towards him, he holds his hand out for me to take, the grey cloud above him blurring with his features.

"Hales?" I take his wet hand and let him pull me up and all that while I was thinking of what to say. Our conversations... would they be the same? Would they morph into cringe ones? I didn't want to know and I had come to enjoy and appreciate the weird friendship we had.

Not that I was thinking of it but being in a relationship with him would risk me being exposed to the media, to everyone. People wouldn't consider the Prince in a relationship but the Prince in a relationship with a crippled girl. It was safe to continue with the secret friendship we formed.