14♛

Maximus' POV

"Where are we going Max?" I liked it better when she called me Barry, it made me forget that I was the Prince of fucking England

"To my car," I look back at her, she looked confused but doesn't ask anything, quietly obliging.

"We are getting out of the country for a week," she instantly halts her steps and shakes her head, her blond curls bouncing around in the process.

"I have uni! I cant miss uni for a whole week plus I barely know you!" It was true, it was completely absurd but it was for her own safety. She needed to be somewhere far away so that the attention on her gradually fades. The media is scary, serial killer scary. The lengths they can go to for a good story was crazy and she needed to be safe. Placing bodyguards near her apartment will bring more attention and so the sanest thing to do was to get away for a couple of days. Leave them confused until they drop the attention on her.

"Trust me, this is for your benefit. Until the media settles down about this then we can come back! Right now they are going to pry you and follow you around which gets quite annoying if you ask me," I desperately plead with my eyes praying she'll say yes. She furrows her eyebrows and bites her plum lips consumed in contemplation.

I shouldn't have brought her here in the first place, I knew what was bound to happen but yet I felt it was necessary to show that I had some and that I was better off without anyone else who abandoned me when I went through my darkest times. They abandoned me when they knew I wasn't the old me who'd recklessly use money to satisfy them and throw lavish parties for them. I wanted to show the world that I was fine, that I could make friends, that I wasn't the psychopath they suspected me to be. Hales Adams was a woman of privacy and I the fuck up Prince just stole that from her because of my own selfishness. I just wanted everyone to think I'm normal, that I was okay and to take the attention off my disappearance. It was selfish and I knew Hales would never forgive me if she were to find out. But I didn't just use her for my own good, I'm not completely selfish, I actually enjoy her company. I like it when she's around because she made me lighten up and forget that I was the fuckup prince. I wanted her to be here because she was the only one I could be me around, no straight backs and professional laughs, just me, and I liked being me apparently. I could only be me in front of my brother but he was gone and I felt constricted being around people I had to act professional around. It was good I met Hales Adams, it was good she appreciates me for me and doesn't just see me as Prince Maximus Bartholomew.

I continue watching as she bites her lips and I find myself drowning in that nonchalant motion, she was in concentration a habit she had when she was either thinking or nervous, and in the most unsure voice she finally agrees, "Okay..." I beam at her.