27 ♛

Two Months Later

I tightly hold Logans sweaty hand and ring the doorbell. This was it. Logan looks at me frantically and I regret ringing the doorbell, maybe we should just run away. But alas, it was too late, dad had already swinged the door open and was glaring holes at Logan. I watch as he evidently gulps and hold my hand tighter.

"Merry Christmas Dad," I try to get around him with Logan still in shock. But the man was big and the man was dramatic so he wasn't going to let us in so easily.

"It's Christmas Eve Bambi, and I see you bought a little guest," I roll my eyes and try again to move around him but he doesn't budge.

"Not just any guest, her boyfriend," I hear mom swoon from the kitchen that smelled absolutely heavenly. I look at Logan who was looking at me with starry eyes, we hadn't labeled our relationship yet.

"Dad...," I lean onto dad and use all my power to push him in but that still doesn't work and instead leaves me a panting and angry mess.

"Old man..."

"Young woman," he interrupts.

"If you continue with this behaviour I will move out of here earlier than you anticipated," I had moved out of my apartment the day after me and Maximus ended whatever we had together. Solely because I didn't want to associate with him any longer so I moved to my parents house until I could find a decent apartment. The Landlord of my previous apartment was still making me pay half the rent until he found someone else. Absurd! I even reported him but apparently he can do that which was crazy and infuriating because he made it harder to save my money to go to New Zealand.

"Ahh no Bambi don't be like that," I gesture towards the door and he obliges with a huff still squaring up to Logan who was more quiet than he'd ever been. The smell was now even more taunting as I was inside. Sam was already sleeping on the couch as he busied himself with a cookie that may chock him granting the position he was in. He always spent Christmas eve with us and I spent Christmas with his parents and him. It was a tradition I did not want to break ever.

"Hey Ma! Hey Sam! Look who I bought," I gesture towards Logan like a trophy and stand up on a chair so that I'm taller than him and twirl him around. I was proud to have a normal 'friend' that my parents kind of liked. My dad kind of liked him because Logan was extremely amazing in football and knew all about his football. Mom liked him because he could cook and was a gentleman. I liked him because he was sweet and lovely and normal.

"Ey Logan! I missed you ma! Welcome to the Adams Christmas!" Sam gets off the couch and grabs my man from me already changing the topic to last nights football that I had watched too but wasn't so intrigued like Sam and Logan had been. The two men went rogue, literally.

I walk away from them and towards my mom who was over stressing herself over food. We all knew she could make noodles and they'd still taste amazing. She kisses my forehead and points towards Logan, "are you sure you aren't using him as a rebound guy..." she pauses, "because of the whole Prince Maximus thing? I mean don't get me wrong but I wouldn't want you to hurt Logan, he is a sweet guy," It kind of hurt that my own mom thought I was capable of hurting him. I didn't have strong feelings for Logan as I did for Maximus but they'd develop over time. Plus he took my mind off Maximus who always lingered there and I was grateful for it, he made moving on easier but that doesn't make him a rebound guy. I just liked him around.