10♛

----

It was like the whole room conspired against me, every Granny screaming her own orders as I run about the room like a mad man. I hated this job, loathed it actually but it gave good pay to support my apartment expenses so I couldn't quit it, I was devastatingly stuck here.

Grannies are supposed to be sweet, cuddly, gentle, but the grannies at North Hill Retirement House were the opposite of that. Mean, heartless and cold...very cold. They treated me like I was some sort of robot that was capable of doing everything at once and if I delayed for even a second they whined and asked the thankfully sweet manager, Mr Stephenson to fire me. Stephenson loved me, he knew I was trying my level best to please all these old blinkards.
As much as I loved Grannies, its sad to say I despised the ones In North Hill Retirement House.

"Hales! I asked for water! Its BEEN A FUCKING HOUR SINCE I ASKED FOR WATER IM PARCHED YOU OLD HAG!" I groan and drag my feet towards the fridge for the fifth time to grab Mrs. Lilly some water for the fifth time! I hand it to her and watch her put it beside her chair just like she did to the rest of the untouched five bottles she had 'oh so kindly' asked for. I had a great urge to chug all the five bottles into her small chapped lips but I restrained myself.

"Watch it, dont drink too much, your bladder may explode," I raise my fists up to my face and slowly release them with a 'poof!'

She glares at me, her small wrinkly eyes digging holes into me. I sarcastically smile at her waiting for her to curse at me or kick me or attempt anything this psycho of a granny was capable of but to my surprise she doesn't. Her eyes slowly looking past me as they widened all the way up to her non existent hairline. And as if on sync all the grannies in that room squealed so loudly and obnoxiously I could swear I felt the earth tremble beneath me.

I look behind me to see what the fuss was about, and indeed what was scribbled on the whiteboard was truly surprising. I look over with wide eyes to the smiling Stephenson who was leaning next to the whiteboard the blue marker still dangling his hands, "Stephenson, you couldn't even tell your own employee this?" He laughs pushing himself off the wall as he proceeded to walk towards me.

"It was a surprise for all of you, he wants to make his very first appearance after that sketchy disappearance of his- here! Now he is visiting the Grandpa section of the Retirement House but he'll be here soon," I was still in shock, never had I ever thought I would actually meet the Prince of England just like that, so easily and so simple. Especially after that disappearance of his. It was good that he had outgrown whatever was locking him in that palace for more than a year. Everyone else had outgrown his brothers death and it was good he was finally moving on from it. Healthy actually.

"Well why here?" I ask Stephenson who was still smiling like he was about to meet his idol. He shrugs, "He funds this place so maybe thats why, and plus no one really likes him so its good he is appearing here than out there first, the conspiracies about his brothers death are going to be up the roof." It was true, he was never going to move on from it, his disappearance and reappearance is gonna stir even more questions in the media and I somewhat felt bad for the poor prince.

"What do we do when he enters? Bow or something? Umm kiss his hand?" I was suddenly freaking out, what if I did something wrong and he throws me into jail? Rumors already have it that the Prince was a heartless man, he never smiled in public and his eyes were cold as the night, and after the incident and rumors that happened last year everyone had a reason to be afraid of him.

"Just smile at him, you making me scared now Hales!" I watch him slide his sweaty palms against his jeans then swipe away the sweat that was forming between his brows.