21♛

"I honestly can't wait to get home!" My excitement peaked to the roof when Max was finally seated in the drivers seat and was ready to go, " You took like three hours to pack!" It was a relief that he was finally done because I had thought he was going to take the whole day and I was a very impatient person.

"Sorry," he mumbles not once turning to look towards me. His mood was off since morning and I had no idea why, hopefully it wasn't because the kiss was such a turnoff. I nibble my lips at the thought, what if it actually was?

"Max whats wrong?" I needed to know. I didn't like bottling up my feelings.

"Nothing, its just castle stuff back home," his head rests on the steering wheel and he turns around to look at me. At least it wasn't because the kiss was a turnoff.

"Im sorry Hales can you please go over to John's car? Its just Im in a really bad mood and I don't want to inflict it on you," I hated that I was being moved around like some luggage instead of being involved.

"I'm not a luggage," I cross my arms in front of me and refuse to look at him.

"Thats not what I mea- Hales please just please give me some space... please?" I look at him in utter shock when his voice rises up a few notches. How dare he raise his voice at me, who the heck did he think he is?

"You can ask politely!" I place my bag back on my back and look at him one more time.

"I did, you just think the world evolves around you," he flinches and is about to apologise but I quickly get out of the car because that was inconsiderate considering I didn't even do anything and was just trying to understand what his problem was. Thats the thing with men once they kiss you or sleep with you, you are just another name crossed off the list, worthless and unvalued. I was probably just another name on his list of a path to his social acceptance.

But  maybe I was too dramatic. Maybe he was actually going through something big and I was being a peach after all. People needed space, everyone did and for him to politely ask for it and me to decline it was maybe somewhat selfish. But I just wanted to be involved, I just wanted to know what was wrong there was no need for him to be a peach about it either. I stare at John as he jumps out of the car and opens the back door for me. I smile at him but decline his kind offer and instead open the passengers door, "I'll seat at the front with you if you don't mind John."

"I would be more than happy Ma'am," I smile again and it just stays plastered there, that small fake regretful smile as I kept thinking about me and Max's argument. If I acted more mature none of that would have happened, If I just respected his request. I honestly don't know what got into me, Im never one to do that. Im always so calm, what was that?

John slamming the door as he seated himself in the drivers seat made me snap back into existence, "John?" His eyes were concentrated forward and only forward as he responded.

"Do you think I made Max really mad?" He smiles a little and glances at me from the corner of his eye, "Certainly not Ma'am," I frown, certainly not?

"What do you mean 'Certainly not'," I mimic his masculine Geordie accent.

He chuckles a little, "You make him happy," I smile at that but the response still hadn't answered my question.

"What Im trying to imply here Ma'am is that he isn't one to be mad at someone at something so trivial like that. Yes he was mad and having one of his bad days, but whenever he has those bad days, he sneaks out of the castle and I just know his outside your window smiling his teeth out," My smile grows at the fact that I made him happy. I remember he told me last night that I did make him happy but I completely forgot about it after the 'interruption' not that I was complaining. Making someone happy was in fact one of the items I had on my bucket list when I had cancer.