Chapter 24

***

(Anna)

***3 weeks later***

I woke up quietly the next morning. Stretching my body out I felt Luke's hand wrap wround my waist and pull me in roughly into his chest. It was uncomfertable, something felt a little off, but I ignored it. He kept tighting his arms until I was sure I was going to have bruises later in the day. 

"Luke?" I asked, I was starting to panic, something was definatly wrong

"Luke! Stop it hurts!! Please!" He kept on crushing me to him ignoring my pleas. What is going on? I looked up at his face and screamed my lugs out. It wasn't Luke's arms that were slowly killing me; they were Chris's. Of course, we had just escaped one nightmare to walk straight into another one. Chris smirked at me.

"Whats the matter anna banana? I ment it when I said we would be togeather forever." He leaned his head down to my neck, inches away from my beautiful mark from Luke, and bit down hard. I let out another scream. I felt like two needles forcing its way through my skin. I started to cry, this is just a nightmare Ill wake up soon. I kept repeting those words over and over in my head. Suddenly Chris let out a hiss. Kissing where he just bit me he whispered in my ear.

"I have to go now My sweet little princess but I promise you we'll be togeather soon. I will do whatever it takes to get you in my palace by my side. After all I do have a little helper." Suddenly I was shooken away.

I screamed as I sat up quickly, and I realized I had been crying. Luke was sitting right next to me, looking frantic as he collected me in his arms. I saw his eyes scan my body and when he looked into my eyes I confermed the horror in what I had just dreamed.

" Anna, baby, whats going on? What can I do?" I shook my head at him, I clutched despretley to his shirt as I curled into my safe haven.

"Just- Just  please ho- hold me" I got out through my sobs knowing it was the only way to calm me down. He stroked my hair for a bit and my sobs subsided, but when he started kissing his way down to his mark I remembered his dream. I flew out of his arms and clutched my neck.

" I need to speak with Lauren and Emma. Now." I think the change of tone surprised him but without hesitation he nodded and took my free hand, pulling me downstairs. I noticed he kept checking me to see if I was okay and I smiled a bit at him.

"It's okay, or it will be when I talk to Lauren and Emma." I added as an afterthought, not even expecting his reply. Gently, as if I were made of glass, he caged me into the wall. I saw a vulnerability and yet such a determination in his eyes when they locked with mine that my I held my breath.

"Anna, you know that whatever happens in your life, whatever you're going through right now, I will help in any way that you want me too. I can understand if you don't think I can keep you safe especially after- well after what you went through. But I love you Anna. I love you with every breath that I take and even when I'm not on this earth anymore I will still love you with every fiber of myself. That being said I can't even live a day- hell an hour!  without seeing your beautiful face or hearing your melidious voice. I almost went crazy when you were in that coma. You turned an arragent alpha into a lovesick puppy; and I couldn't be happier about it. I will protect you even when you don't want it. What happened with Malicae, it was all my fault, and I just wish I had been there, im more sorry then you will ever know." He kissed me lightly on the lips and even though he was the one who had just channeled the em-monster I was the one who was left breathless with the impact of the words. 

When Luke was starting to pull away I realized I was still in that blissful place of hearing those words I hadn't responded to his words.

"Luke stop." I grabbed his arm and tried to yang him back, but he was to resistant. Sighing, I went around him and wrapped my arms around his waist and started kissing his jawbone. Slowly he wrapped his own arms around me and for a breif moment of panic I remembered my nightmare. 

"What is it Anna? What makes you panic?" I knew what he was talking about, but it would just be easier to talk to all three of them togeather.

"Luke everything you just said to me, Thats how I feel about you, but twenty times more." He opened his mouth with a mischivious glint in his eye and I knew he was going to try and prove me wrong. I put one of my fingers to his lips and continued." I love you, and I love knowing you'll always be there for me but you can not blame yourself for every thing that happens to me. Nor can you prevent bad things from happening to me" At his growl I added, "all the time. I'm 100 percent positive you will try though." 

"I am going to try because you deserve the most perfect life, angel" Brushing some hair away from face he leaned down to kiss me, but I knew if I let him we would never get to Lauren and I would forget all about my nightmare. I pulled back a bit, away from him, even though every part at me was screaming at me for it.

"All I need for a perfect life is...." I trailed off looking at him innocently with one of my best puppy dog looks. Luke fell for it and was looking excited at being able to give me a perfect life. Ha, he won't be to excited when he finds out my plan. "COLEE!!! Where are you!? I need you!!" I knew wherever Cole was he could hear me and wherever Cole was Emma would be. Luke angrily growled at my words, apperently he didn't like me needing another man. He obviously was only seeing red, not hearing the joking tone behind my words. 

Ever since the kidnapping, Emma had moved into the pack house( or more specificly into Cole's room), and so had Lauren. Lauren, on the other hand, had taken up one of the small cottages in the surounding area. They (and me) where constantly over here hanging out much to our mates delight. Oh right I didn't say? Lauren had found her mate within the pack. He had recently moved into the pack about a week ago and ever since the two layed eyes on each other theyv'e been inseperable. Apperently the vampire- werewolf  soulmate ratio was surprisingly high. At first Hunter, Laurens Mate, didn't seem too happy at being involved but with the first touch he was happy as a fat kid in a candy store.

I raced down the stairs, aware of the angry alpha hot on my tail, and into the living room where Cole appered in front of me holding Emma's hand. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Anna? I heard you needed my assistance?" He smirked knowing what I was doing. I felt strong arms wrap around my waist and pull me close to a warm chest. 

"Its all good Cole, I can cover everything she needs." I can feel his leftover fury from him thinking I don't think he can provide for me so I twisted a bit and imediatly gasped at the pain it brought. All of Lukes anger evaporated and I was set on the couch. I clutched my stomach, the pain was already fading. Luke lifted my shirt so as Cole couldn't see my stomach. The noise Luke made I can only describe as a roar, full of the blackest emotion I had ever seen in him.

"Anna! Who did this! When I get my hands on the person who did this they are going to be sorry.' Luke got up and paced around. I lifted my shirt so Cole, Emma, and I could see what had ruffled Luke's fur. There were bruise marks, in the shape of someone holding me from behind. Luke stopped suddenly and was beside me in a flash, holding my hand tenderly.

"Honey, did I do this to you?" He asked softly as if afraid of the answer. I shook my head at him and I could see relief in his eye but the anger was back. I saw Hunter come in holding Lauren's hand, but when he saw me he got a horrified look on his face.

"Oh god no! not now! Not when I just found her!" Hunter looked truely upset by the fact I was bruised and I tried to put the peices togeather. Suddenly they fit togeather. What Chris said about a helper.

Hunter had spied on us for Chris. 

Why hadn't we seen it?

***