Chapter 5

comment

fan

vote

***

Recap:

He took a deep (almost) calming breath and centered himself. Just like after a transformation, he told himself. He focused on Anna, her wonderful scent, her beautiful face, her melodious voice. Then he found her.

She was in the cafeteria

And she wasn't alone.

****

(Anna) 

Ugh who does he think he is? Coming to my school and then making me feel this way, a way that I haven't felt since him.

Thinking about all these boys makes me want to puke.

Yup, my stomach is feeling almost as dizzy as my stomach.

Funny how I don't feel whole now without...

WAIT! I don't even know his name! I am feeling incomplete without a complete STANGER!!!

Deffinatly feeling a little green.

"umm Anna are you okay? Your not going to faint again are you? Cauz you know I couldn't catch you as fast as Luke did. Maybe you should go lay down, or go to the cafeteria for some food or maybe even go home cauz Josh and I don't want you to hurt or anything."

The Em-babble instantly started up, which I tuned out, but I did notice that she got a small smile and a little dreamy look on her face when she started talking about Luke.

Wait I am sooo not getting possessive about a new guy at our school. Heck I swore off guys till collage. Emma or even Josh for that matter could have him. Whichever team he played for I would just forget what he made me feel.

So then why do I feel sad about letting him go.

"Luke? Whos Luke?" I asked innocently seeing if she would give away anything.

"The hotty who was holding you in his sculpted arms and up against those 6-packs. Wait maybe even an 8-pack, he looked ripped, but not overly ripped where its like 'eww get away from me' it's the 'ohh let me get a better look' kind...oh and just so you know Josh and I both agreed he plays for our team so that means that I have dibbs" she ended casually and not even out of breath.

She said the last part loudly so that her friends around her would hear. I saw envious and awed glares all directed towards Emma.

Translation from Em-Babble to English

Anyone makes a move, beware of the em-monster.

I laughed and slipped away from her and said

"Well at least you have one friend who won't hate you because you got to him first. I'm going to stop by the cafeterias for some crackers kay? Can you tell Ms. Wade that?" I said quickly wanting to get some food in my empty stomach.

"okayy" her voice faded as I stepped into that door for the cafeteria

as I quickly grabbed some crackers and went to pay for them I was vaguely aware of someone following me. I brushed it off as another student but as I was walking to the door that led outside to the path that would bring me to my next class.

I felt a hand grab my arm and spin me around roughly. A moment of panic went through out me.

As I was turned around to face my attacker I realized the hand was a girls.

--- I was going to stop there but then I asked myself, what would Jesus do?

He would keep going for the sanity of his readers

So here you go ☺ ---

As I fully faced her I was completely shocked

"Sasha? What do you want now?" I asked not bothering to keep the disgust out of my voice as I took my arm out of her hand.

"I just wanted to have a chit chat with an old friend" she said with a fake smile on her face.

"whatever, just say what you want and leave."

"Fine, here it is: Luke is mine, stay away from him or suffer the consequences"

I just stood there staring at her as if she had started singing the barney song.

"okay let me get this straight, you want me to stay away from a boy I have no interest in?" I said slowly, so she understood

Sasha simply nodded

"Wow this must be the first time I've ever actually wanted to laugh at your stupidity. Hmm, nope i've wanted to laugh at you before let me say this ; I can't get involved with a guy I don't like." Wow that was a lie, my brain told me. Shut up please, self.

Great now that boy has got me hearing voices. So I did the only thing that a sane person would do.

I started laughing. Laughing so hard that I started on the floor, crying. But when she grabbed my arm and yanked me up that sobered me, I hate being someone else toy.

I still had tears in my eyes when I glared at her. Then she did something I never would have thought that Sasha White was capable of: looking scared.

Of course I wasn't the one scaring her because she was looking at something over my shoulder, towards the main door.

I already knew from my intense connection with him that I knew when I looked over my shoulder I would see Luke.

Wait I have no connection with him, I just felt his gaze on my back.

I knew how this looked; me halfway on the ground with tears in my eyes, and Sahsa holding my arm in a death grip. I really hated looking weak, especially in front of Luke.

NO! I don't care what Luke thinks of me, and he dosnt care about me. That thought brought actual tears of sadness to my eyes. The way he is looking at me, it seems he cares.

That's the way all guys look at you, who want in your pants.

When he saw my tears and the way Sasha was holding my arm turned his face into one of rage. His rage wasn't even directed towards me and it had me shaking in my flip-flops.

"Lukey, sweetie I was just helping Anna up." Sasha said super sweet as she carefully changed her hand from looking like it wanted to tear my arm off to helping me up.

The damage was done though, and Luke saw through Sasha's act.

At least that's what I thought until he reached for Sasha as if to embrace her in a hug.

WHAT??

--------