Chapter 23

****

(Anna)

Blinking my eyes open again a wave of deja vu came over me. I tried taking a deep breath but there was something wrong with my throat, it felt closed off. I started to panic realizing how difficult it was to breathe in. I tried to clutch my throat with my hands but I realized that my hands were tied down. I was starting to feel light-headed from the lack of oxygen.

What the hell was going on?

"Shh, Shh its okay Anna, calm down" I turned to my left and saw Jasmine, the girl who had rallied us up for the football game, standing at my side. I pointed to my throat to try to convey to her my situation and she nodded, understanding. She picked something up and put it over my nose and mouth, and whatever was in it made it easier to breathe. I heard a faint crash, and then shouting, and saw Jasmine wince. I opened my mouth.

"No Anna, don't try to talk. Apperently your throat collapsed under the pressure of Mikahs hands, so your throat will hurt for a while and you'll be bruised up. Oh yeah, and it will take a little while for you to speak again." She told my, sympathy radiating from her. I looked around and noticed we were in a bedroom with windows all around, and it was set up like a hospital room. She handed me a notepad and pen, and untied my bindings.

"You were thrashing about when Luke wasn't here so we had to tie you down, sorry" Then she gestured to the notepad and pen, "This is just for the time being, you know, if you want anything." Again I heard shouts and banging noises and I raised my pen ready to ask her what that was about before she answered.

"Were in the pack house, this room is a spare that we decided a little while ago to make into an emergancy room, for injured pack members. You being Luke's mate have complete acess to this room, and Luke wanted you here instead of a hospital room." She hesitated before continuing," That noise you hear downstairs is my mate, Jonas, trying to-er- calm Luke down." Even louder shouting came through the walls and this time I listened to them.

Let me go Jonas or I swear to the highest being I will rip you and anyone else who stands in my way of seeing Anna, limb from limb. I can hear shes awake! I will not stand for her to be alone and hurting! 

Luke, you're not stable right now! Calm down! You dont want to hurt her anymore then she already is right?

Jonas, if your implying that I would hurt my mate in any way then you deserve this.

With out a warning I heard the biggest crash of all and a feral growl before Jasmine let out a gasp,"Jonas!" She ran out of the room in a blur. My heart was pumping wildly, the poor little machine couldn't keep up with it. That voice, that anger-filled lost voice was not my angel, that wasn't my Luke. That was someone who had been pushed over the edge with no return.My eyes went wide as I heard footsteps pounding up the stairs getting closer and closer to my room. I looked around for anything to help me get away, this side of Luke was scaring me.

With my heart pumping I needed more air, something my unstable throat was unwilling to give to me. I took the mask off, knowing it wasn't helping anything now. I knew the only thing to make me feel better was Luke. I nearly passed out when I saw the shadow that turned into a person in the doorway. But that person wasn't Luke.

No, the person standing in the door wasn't my angel who was always the put togeather, strong man that I saw him to be everyday. The man in the door looked as if he had had to many sleepless nights, circles around his eyes and disheaveled hair were eveidance to that. It also looked as if he hadn't eaten in days. My heart lurched at seeing him like this. Even in this state he was the brightest star i had ever seen. My hands twitched, feeling the physical strain of not being able to have hold him. And I don't deserve too, not after what I had done and said to him. Tearing my eyes away from his, I felt them tear up. I don't deserve someone like him, who would stay up and worry over me. I felt a hand cup my cheek and instinctly I leaned into him, my eyes coming back to his. 

"Hey" he whispered to me. I opened my mouth to responed, but no sound came out.I saw him glance at my throat then snap his eyes to mine. He couldn't hide the fury I saw in his eyes, so I smiled at him trying to calm him down. I reached for my pad, and he waited paitently as i wrote. 

Hey, are you okay?

He read it and looked back at me, his eyes went soft as he replied, "You were kidnapped, attacked, put in a coma for a week, nearly died four times, and your asking me if im alright?" I nodded, and was rewarded with a precious sound, Luke's strained chuckle.

"You truly are the most amazing creature alive." I felt my cheeks warm at the compliment. Suddenly Luke stood up and kissed me all over, wherever he could without paining me. I giggled and realized when Luke was around, it was easier to breathe. Grabbing my notepad I wrote: How are Emily and Lauren?

He smiled,"There good, Lauren wants to explain some things to you in a bit. And well as for Emma, well it'll be hard to talk to her without Cole, he hardly leaves her side nowadays." Just then, my stomach growled. I felt my cheeks grow warm as Luke smirked at me. "Hungry?" he asked, I simply nodded. He jumped up and kissed my forehead and flew out of the room, my heart started beating faster, where did he go? The worst thoughts were coming to me; did he think I really didn't want him, did he choose now to leave?

  I started to take the IV's off and slipped off the bed. I tumbled a bit, a little woozy on my feet. I made my way to the door, thankful that someone had some sense to change me into comfy silk pj's. I slowly took steps to the stairs, determined to reach Luke so he could hear me out, or at least read me out since I couldn't talk. With the physical exhertion I was getting closer and closer to passing out. I had to lean heavily on the railing to get down and when I did I allowed myself a smile knowing I did that without losing coinciousness. Celebrating to soon, I took one step and fell. I wouldv'e hit the ground, but strong arms wrapped around me and kept me safe. Well, only from the ground that is, nothing could save me from Luke's anger.

"Anna! What the hell are you doing? You need to stay laying down. Oh God, are you okay? Tell me what hurts please baby!" He looked all over my body for any new injurys but I couldn't tell him anything. So instead I pressed my lips to his, and thankfully, he responded instantly. 

This kiss wiped away any doubts that we weren't ment to be with each other. The way my lips fit perfectly to his was evidance enough that we could never find a more perfect match. We were soulmates, and this proved it to everyone. Luke gave a little moan and broke the kiss.

"So this means were back togeather?" I smirked at him and pecked him on the lips. Turning to go into the kitchen, he grabbed my hand and pulled me back. He smashed his lips to mine and I breathed in his heavenly scent. I felt my feet lift off the ground and air move around me. When I pulled back to breathe, we were in Luke's room. I smiled at him and he resumed his kiss. Apperently while I was taking in the surroundings he had taken off his shirt, I ran my hands down his chest marveling at the taunt skin over impossibly hard muscles as he pressed closer to me. 

I heard a rip and suddenly my silky top was lying in shreads on the floor. I pushed his shoulder slightly, but even at the smallest touch he responded to me. He looked at me anxiously. "What's the matter Anna, baby did I hurt you?" I shook my head, but sent a longing glance at my silky top which he understood imediatly.

"Emma brought that over, said you always wanted a pair of those. I'm sorry about that but I can get you more later." I could hear his desire creep into his tone at the end. I looked into his eyes and felt love fill me up. Suddenly, I knew what I wanted to do. Tonight, even though it had been a crazy night, was going to be the night. I pulled Luke down to me and kissed him with everything I had in me. Catching my message he took his lips to my ear and whispered, "You sure about this?" I turned my head to the side so I could see his eyes when I said three words that sealed my destiny.

"I love you." Even though the words were rusty and hard to get out, the look in Luke's eye was the best thing I have ever seen. I don't think there is a strong enough emotion to describe the look in Luke's eye.

"Anna Marie Thompson, You are the only thing in this world I will ever love more then life itself. This is going to hurt and I'm so sorry but this is the first and last time I will ever cause you pain, I promise."

With those words said, Luke and I fell into a night of first's. 

***