Chapter 21

***  

(Anna)

Wakeing up I was acutely aware of the pain. It was everywhere, all over my body. No thats not right, it was only coming from my head- or my stomach. I think. I was so confused that I couldn't concentrate on the slightest thing. I opened my eyes and blinked, shutting them quickly when the bright light hit them. I took a deep breath.

"Don't try to move just yet Anna." I jumped up and immediatly winced at the flood of pain it brought. It didn't matter though, the voice was one I hadn't heared in too long of a time. Blinking through the tears that threatened to spill I took in a sight I thought was gone forever: My alive best friend.

"Emma" I whispered, my throat dry from unuse. I cleared my throat to try and got the sound right. I glanced around the room. It was like a prison cell. I could tell we where in a basement of a house. There were no windows and two sad excuses for matresses side-by-side on the floor that Emma and I currently occupated.

"What happened?" I asked her.

"Good question. Obviously we have some kidnappers plus us equals what?" She tried to figure it out.

"An angry boyfriend. Cole was out of his mind worried about you, why didn't you contact him through the bond?" Emma blushed a bit at the boyfriend part but ignored my question and asked one of her own.

"I never knew there was a bond. Wait, why didn't you say boyfriends as in plural? What happened to you and Luke? hmm? Oh you dont even have to tell me I already know by the tears in your eyes. Jeesh I was only gone for a couple of hours and yet you managed to destroy the one good thing in your life thats going for you. Wait scratch that I was the good thing in your life, so is Josh. WHATEVER! you know what I mean! Luke is a really good guy and I thought that after Chris did what he did I thought you would know better. I am here for you though and will always be your friend even though you made a desicion that you are going to regret for the rest of your life. I can see it now that you regret breaking up with him so why did you do it?" She looked expectantly at me, but I couldn't help but throw my arms around her tight and hug her with all my might.

It wasn't until my mind caught up with my actions did I regret doing that.

"ow. Ow! that hurt." I said mostly to myself, I checked Emma for any Boo-Boos but she seemed fine. She caught me looking at her.

"Told ya not to move.Don't try and avoid the question missy!" I smiled sheepeshly, " They didn't have to knock me out to drag me here. They- they have this person that can mess with your mind, thats what they did to me." She shuddered, and carefully I hugged her again.

"As for you, well you're not going to like what they did." I froze. Looking over myself I saw what she ment. I had gashes everywhere on my body, mainly on my stomach. My blood ran cold as I saw that the scars were closed, as if they happened years ago, but not going anywhere soon. I felt the back of my head and could feel a pronounced bump. I raised an eyebrow to Emma urging her to go on.

" This girl- Well I better her explain what she is to you- brought you in here. I was freaking out because you looked like a freaking mess with blood everywhere, and you eyes were closed, and you were not breathing. Anywho, there was this dude she brought in after and- um- he started licking you."

"Licking me?" I wasnt sure I had heard her correct until I watched her nod.

"Well um, that is fairly discusting." Emmas eyes nearly popped out.

"Okay so I just sat here and told you some stranger licked up you bleeding wounds that he most likely inflicted and you think that it was fairly discusting?" I nodded.

"How are you taking this so calmy?" I was about to answer her when the second suprise of my day happened. Something I knew was impossible.

"Because thats what sweet little innocent Anna does. Takes things calmly. She certainly took my death without freaking out, ot even crying."

I couldn't beleive it. Someone I believed to be dead was standing right in front of me leaning on the door with a smirk, my sister. My dead sister. I gasped.

"Lauren?"

****