Chapter 20

comment~fan~vote

****

(Luke) 

"Emma's Gone and I can't feel her through the bond." I sat up and cocked my head silently questioning Cole. I turned back to my human form and faced Cole fully, my alpha skills kicking in.

"Did you feel anything before the line went dead?" I watched him shake his head

"Okay here's the plan Cole, you and I are going to go to her house and search it high and low for any trace on what happened to Emma. Anna stay here no matter how long we take you stay inside and don't go anywhere."

Right when the words came out of my mouth, I knew I had said the wrong thing. I could feel through the bond that she was pissed.I looked up to see my mate turning her back on me.

"Anna, where do you think you are going? I told you to stay here while us guys go look for her. Listen to me!" I flinched inside when I heard how controlling that sound and I knew she was going to yell at me for it. I felt pain raidiate from her and I wanted to gather her up in my arms and take all my words back.

Of course, though, I couldn't. I watched as she slowly turned around and sexily put her hand on her hips making me want her even more. I couldn't concentrate though, because somthing unsettling happened, I felt something come over Anna and her whole expression turned cold. My wold was howling, trying to get out and protect her, but from what? It felt like Anna through the bond, but when I concentrated on the words she was saying it didn't feel like her, it wasn't until I foucused on her words that I realized what was wrong.

"I am going to find my best friend and if you think you can control me or try and stop me then you can forget us ever even happened. It's over Luke, you and me, its not going to happen from here on out. Now if you'll excuse me I have a friend to find."

......

My mind went blank as my heart broke slowly and painfully. I couldn't believe Anna just said those words! I mean sure, I was a little hash earlier about her staying here but I was only trying to protect her! Okay and so we've only known each other for a little bit- but I thought our connection ran a bit deeper then that. Maybe I was mistaken- maybe I made all this up in my head. Maybe this is all just a dream.

'Of course it isn't stupid, you fell and you fell hard and look where that got you' I thought to myself. I almost collapsed with the pain of knowing that my other half, my soulmate, would rather go prancing into danger then trust me.

That snapped me out of my thoughts. I took a breath, and pushed all my emotions away from me- one thing I hoped I'd never had to do again, not since Ally. NO! Don't think about Ally OR Anna right now, it'll only cause you unnecsisary pain. Focus on what needs to be done.

Growling I waited for Anna to leave before Cole and I shifted; heading in the direction of Anna's car. Being in my wolf was terrible, he kept howling at the fact that his mate was upset and had refused him. He whimpered when he could hone in on the sound comeing out of her car, knowing that she was crying and he couldn't make it stop. He was aching to go to her and nuzzle the ivory skin under her neck. It was harder to control him, but somehow I found the strength to coax him to calm down and turn his attention to his current mission.

Turning to Cole I said, * Wait till Anna goes in then circle around for evidence as to where Emma went* With a nod he turned his gaze back to my angel, who was slowly climbing out of the car. It was an unending ache to see her so sad, being so close to her and not being able to comfert her. Maybe if I just howl for her, she'll turn around and come ove-

No. As much as I hate to say this but we need to find Emma to make her happy THEN go and comfert her- maybe make her see her mistake.

I dropped my jaw, this was the first time tonight my wolf was trying to talk my human out of going over there and snatching her up and takeing her over and over again to never let her question again who she belonged with. I shook my head trying to get rid of the torturous thoughts of Anna lying naked under me, giving her innocently perfect body over and over, screaming my name. I groaned- remember I said trying- they wern't going anywhere anytime soon as my now hardend member gave proof to that. I tried to think of unsettling thoughts.

Sludge. Snails. Mailmen. Nope still not working.

It wasn't until a crash and follow up screams sounded that I realized I was out for more then the agreed time and Cole must've busted in. Anna's scream pierced my heart as without hesitation I bursted into the house. I saw an older man passed out on the floor but that wasn't what got my attenchion- no.

It was the pronounced crimson red stains on the floor like out of a horror movie- where something had dragged a most unwilling someone out throught the back. I sniffed the trail and froze- a dangerous noise coming from me.

Because the blood was Anna's.

***