Chapter 13

comment~fan~vote

****

(Luke) 

When Anna's eyes looked into mine, I had an overwhelming since of being loved. Her beautiful green eyes bravely held mine. I could never get used to the fact that this angel of a creature had chosen me. For some reason I knew that she would always be my first priority; even before myself.  

I reached her bed and carefully laid down with her still holding on to me. Not that I minded, just thinking about the space between our already close bodies made me growl. When Anna looked at me curiously I just held her tighter. Her head lay on my shoulder and her hands were tracing my abs.  

My wolf started to get out of control saying: TAKE HER! Right now, she wants it. Claim her so that everyone knows she's yours.  

I quickly grabbed Anna's hand and held it over my heart saying, "Anna, sweetie, if you keep that up I wont be able to honor the promise I made." I think she heard the underlying lust in my voice, and how controlled it seemed because she started laughing.  

"Okay Luke, but before I go to sleep, I did want to try one thing," She said bringing her face parallel with mine. No way was my mate making the first move; my wolf urged me to show her she picked the right male to cherish her.  

I flipped over, faster than Anna could keep up with, so as stopping her advance. I held myself up so Anna didn't have any of the weight. I leaned down keeping my eyes locked with her startled ones, silently asking permission. Her shocked eyes softened, and that was all the encouragement that my wolf needed.  

I bent my head down and brushed my lips with hers, enjoying the electricity feeling throughout my body. I wanted our first kiss to be unforgettable, so she never doubted her feelings. Thinking that my wolf added he wanted to make her forget all the other males she ever had feelings for, so he urgently returned my lips to hers. My lips teased her until she opened her mouth slightly. That was all the encouragement both my wolf and me needed as I plunged my tongue into her sweet tasting mouth. She tried to get dominance but I was used to these kinds of fights. When I won she simply pushed my shoulders hard.  

A million things went through my mind from hurting her to her not wanting me. I don't know what I did wrong. As I was trying to get my breathing under control I listened to her racing heart, and could smell her desire. Then why did she push me away? My little angel was confusing as she was intoxicating.  

"Luke I'm so sorry, I just- well you see-um.." She stuttered breathlessly.  

"Anna it's okay, my wolf got a little out of control, and it was my fault. But I'm not sorry that I kissed you." I said firmly, feeling hurt by her taking back the kiss.  

"Luke I wasn't sorry about the kiss. The kiss, well, the kiss was the best one I've ever had. I was sorry about pushing you away I just was breathless and couldn't breathe." She finished shyly. My mind was still stuck on the best kiss. My wolf howled in joy, for making his mate happy.  

I took her back into my arms lying down. I'm pretty sure she could feel the happiness radiating off me, but when she yawned I immediately said, "Sleep Anna, we can continue where we left off later" I finished with a smirk, and we will finish this.  

After a few moments I could feel her breathing steady out indicating she was fast asleep. I followed her shortly, my last thought of the angel in my arms.  

___  

Anna's POV  

I walked carefully over the tree limbs and leaves, making my way to where I knew I would find him.  

--Wait, leaves? Tree limps? What was I doing out in the middle of the forest?  

I kept walking keeping my head high showing I wasn't scared. Seeing a light ahead brought me to a stop. This is it, I thought. This is where I save Luke, where I free him.  

I took a breath so as to steady my racing heart. No doubt he could already hear.  

When I stepped through into the blinding light I saw no one. Where was he? This was his game, shouldn't he be around to collect his prize?  

"Hello Anna Banana ready to join me?" Said the cold voice I had grown to hate. Just as I was about to fight my way out a hand reached out and snapped my neck.  

---

I jolted awake, sitting up in my bed. Luke senceing me being scared sat up and let out a growl, curling me into his arms.  

"Anna, Its alright it was only a bad dream, its okay im hear now. Please stop crying, I'm here. I wont let anything bad get to you." I hadn't even realize that I had been crying until Luke started rocking me trying to get me to calm down.  

But I couldn't, the sobs were shaking my whole body and when I tried to take deep breathes they just got worse. I finally concentrated on Luke's voice, frantically murmuring sweet nothings in my ear. Memorizing his scent and the way his muscles unconsciously tightened to hold me closer, made me finally calm down. I couldn't even remember what had scared me, wait now I do.  

It was the dream that scared me. A dream where I felt alone and abandoned. A dream with no Luke, like he had forgotten me.  

It was all I could do holding onto Luke like he was my safe house, and he was. Take Luke away and I would soon follow. We were one soul in two bodies, and I couldn't live without him. My dream told me Luke didn't feel the same way.  

Was my dream right?  

***