Chapter 19

Commet ~ Fan ~ Vote

*****

 (Anna)

"Emma's Gone and I can't feel her through the bond." Luke sat up and turned his head to the side as if questioning Cole's sanity. He shifted and started planning strategies on best ways to find and get her back.

"Okay here's the plan Cole, you and I are going to go to her house and search it high and low for any trace on what happened to Emma. Anna stay here no matter how long we take you stay inside and don't go anywhere."

Something happened just then. I felt a pressure against my brain. I grasped my head waiting for the sudden pain to go away. When it faded I jumped up, not listening to the anger in me for what Luke had just said to me- all that matter was that something had happened to my best friend and somebody was going to pay for it. I started inside and had just gotten to the door when a familiar voice stopped me.

"Anna, where do you think you are going? I told you to stay here while us guys go look for her. Listen to me!" It was sharp, the way he said it and it made me want to slap him for thinking he could talk to me that way.

I had have enough of pushy controlling guys for a lifetime, and I knew from Chris that I had to give it to him straight if I didn't want to repeat history, beside I couldn't worry about thins right now my best friend was missing! I turned around and put my hand on my hip.

"I am going to find my best friend and if you think you can control me or try and stop me then you can forget us ever even happened. It's over Luke, you and me, its not going to happen from here on out. Now if you'll excuse me I have a friend to find." What did I just say? I never even thought those words before they came tumbling out. It was like someone else was saying those words while I mouthehed them.

I walked away slowly and surely to my car after finding my keys and jacket. I hopped in and drove away only stopping when I got at Emma's house. It had only taken 5 minute surprisingly, but I drove like a mad woman.

I let the sobs take over my body letting the pain flood into my being. How could I have done that? Sure, he dosnt control me or own me, but he was just looking out for me. So why had I broken up with him. Oh my gosh. Luke and I are over. We will never be together. We'll never grow and get married or have kids. Not that that was ever going to happen. I let that sink in as I wiped my tears away. Even though I was stiff with heart ache- once again because of Luke- and out of my mind with sadness, I managed to get to the porch. I froze when I saw the condition of the door.

It was kicked in. There was a visible dent in the door from when someone had wanted something- or someone- bad enough that they rudely disfigured the door to get it.

Stepping inside I saw the place matched the door. Furniture was upturned and glass was shattered throughout the house. I heard a- whimper? It was weak and fearful sound, too pitiful for a human. Though as soon as I walked into the kitchen I found the source. Emma's dad was sitting on the ground curled into a little ball rocking back and forth. I wasn't too sympathetic for a man who abused my best friend; instead I was completely disgusted with him.

"Where's Emma? Tell me now I don't have a lot of time. Who took her!" I demanded from him. He just kept- if not more- shaking until finally he spoke up.

"She got back. I was out of it. I hit her again and again. Then they came. They came and just took her." I was confused

"Who? Who took her?"

"Your sister"

***