Chapter 12

comment-fan-vote

****

(Anna)

Darkness overwhelmed me and was pushing down on me until I thought I couldn't handle it anymore. I felt something nudge me, but I couldn't respond to it. It wasn't till I felt something lick my face sis the night's events come rushing back to me.

Intruder. Chris wanting me backs. Luke. The fight. Wolf. Leach.

My eyes snapped open wanting to get all the answers to the millions of questions I had. I wasn't surprised when I was looking back into wolfs eye, what I didn't expect to see is those eyes full of concern for me.

"So, um you're a wolf" I said casually sitting up. I had no idea I could take this lightly but it makes sense. All the growling and his swift movements, and warm temperature, I guess I just put all the pieces together now.

His eyes showed relief and shock as he nodded to answer my question. I'm sure he was wondering why I wasn't running away screaming bloody murder.

"I'm not going to run away you know" I said. Hesitantly I reached my hand out making sure I didn't startle him, and stared stroking him behind his ears. His eyes rolled back into his head and he started purring? Hmm that's interesting, I thought as I giggled. His eyes instantly opened and he turned his head curiously.

"You can purr? I thought that was only cats." I stopped petting him, as I was laughing to hard. He playfully growled and ducked his nose under me and shoved up, throwing me in the air.

"Hey what-" I said before he skillfully caught me on his back. He started walking into my house and dumped me on the sofa before he stepped back. As soon as I heard his bones cracking and saw the muscles rippling I shut my eyes and turned my face into the couch.

"Anna what's wrong? Did I hurt you?" He anxious voice said getting closer.

"Luke stop! No you didn't hurt me, but if you go down the hallway my moms bedrooms in there, in the closet there's a box of my dads clothes." I said not wanting to ruin my youthful innocence.

I didn't expect him to burst out laughing. Apparently I'm so funny he dropped on the floor judging by the huge thud that shook the house.

"I'm glad you think me trying not to ruin my innocence is hilarious now can you please get some clothes on? I'm eating cushion over here" I said sourly.

"Anna I'm not going to make your eyes bleed or ruin your youth because I'm not naked where did you get the impression that I was?" He said with a slight laugh in his voice.

" Luke if your lying to me I'm going to find a way to make you run on three legs or turn your fur hot pink." I threatened him before hesitantly lifting my eyes to meet his; true to his word he was standing there fully clothed.

"I can image you have a lot of questions but let me answer some first. I am a werewolf, and I'm going to be the alpha of my dads pack soon. This Wednesday actually, because its our council meeting where we announce our mates and hand over positions. I already have my mate so I'm set" He finished with a mischievous grin on his face.

My heart shrank, he already had a mate? So that means that he was just stringing me along till he could get with his mate.

"You already have a mate" Was all I could manage, my voice sounding strangled and pained. Luke's face studied mine before breaking out into a grin, does he enjoy my pain?

"It's you Anna, You're my true mate" He said walking over and holding me in his arms.

He started to say something else but my mind was too happy to register anything else. I was Luke's mate!! Being in his arms and feeling the fireworks go off where skin touched skin.

"Anna?"

"Sorry what?"

"I was asking if I spend the night, after all tomorrow is Saturday, which were hanging out anyways. We wouldn't do anything I promise, I just want to go to sleep next to you and wake up to your beautiful face." His rambling had a hint of desperation to it.

I thought about it, was it really so bad sleeping next to my mate? He promised nothing would happen, and for some reason I trust him with my whole being. He would never do anything to hurt me

"Sure I'd love that" I answered him with a big smile.

His returning smile knocked the breath out of me it was so stunning, and to think that it was because of me for me, made it that much more special.

I stood up and took his hand dragging him up to my room, letting go of his hand at the door. Luke obviously had other plans because he gently grabbed my arm and pulled me into his arms-bridal style- and carried me to the bed. I looked into his eyes and realized my mistake.

I was instantly captured.

This was going to be an interesting night.

~~~

Chris' POV  

Who does that mutt think he is? Coming into vampire territory and claiming my girlfriend? The punk is just asking me to shred him to pieces. I knew when I smelled wet dog in Anna's house that I'd have a problem. Even though I'm the only vampire prince on the west coast, doesn't mean I'm willing to take on a mutt for his mate.

Ill make an exception for Anna though. Ever since that crazy bitch Sasha changed herself to look like Anna, and tricked me into sleeping with her; I've been trying to get my Anna Banana back. I've put too much time and resources for her I wont be giving her up that easily. The only problem is the fleabag attached to her.

His scent is strong, almost an alpha. Knowing their crazy traditions he was going to get the responsibilities and the power this Wednesday night during the full moon. I would have to strike him before that, and get m Anna back.

Don't worry Anna you'll be my princess soon.

****