Chapter 15

comment~fan~vote

****

(Emma)

Only to run into a warm muscled chest. I almost stumbled but felt arms encircle pulling me closer. This embrace felt right, like I was ment to be here. I looked up into the eyes of...  

The guy from lunch. The one I spent ALL day trying to look good for.

I felt his arms constrict around me and the strangest emotion spreaded throughout my body. What was it? I felt tingles going up and down my body, my heart seemed to accerlerate, and my stomach clenched. I have never felt this way in a mans arms.

Speaking of which, I pulled out of of his arms and stepped away, even though my whole body was trying to refuse to leave the glorious place we had just been in. I hesitated in my retreat as soon as I saw his face, I've never seen such a sad face.

"Umm..Are you okay?" I asked him, trying to see if I had done something to hurt him during my clumsy entrance. As soon as I talked his sadness went away and was replace by a look of-wonder? Okay this is getting a bit creepy, I dont even know the guy! Or his name! Though if I had to be brutally honest with myself, I couldnt care less about morals or shit, cause there was something about this guy that touched my soul.

Whoa there Emma, don't read to far into it! We dont want to get hurt! We need to protect ourselves remember? We can't trust strange men anymore than we can trust the ones we know.

Suddenly, I remembered the vow I made for myself a year ago when my dad started abuseing me. HOW could I have forgotten?? There was something about this god of a man that made me forget the mask I put on everyday.

The one that shows I'm okay

The one that shows I'm brave

The one that shows I'm not abused everyday

But I'm not any of these things. Surely this god of a man is only interested in girls that are all of those. So without waiting for his response I turned and headed into the house. It wasnt until the stranger pulled me into his arms did I realize I was crying. Shit, I NEVER cry! Not when my dad threw a punch I couldnt dodge, or threw a bottle I couldnt duck, or even when the blades came down on my stomach. So why was he having this affect on me? And i dont even know his name for christs sake!

Again I found myself in his arms, and a sence of security and peacefullness washed over me. It was scary as hell knowing that this was the first place I really felt home.

This is where I belonged.

Cole's POV: (this goes out to kickassmonster :P you know why :)

My angel. My world. My- "Dude if you stare at her any longer, your eyes will permenatly stay that way." Owen, a fellow  

pack member, said to me as I stared at the most beautiful person in the world. My mate.

"Whatever man, I'm going to go see if she needs any help." I said turning around, but not before I saw Owen's knowing smile as he headed for his mate. I walked up to her and saw that her mind was wandering about, and she was not paying attention, which caused her foot to slip out of her truck. Immediatly I used my werewolf enhanced speed to catch her in time.

As I wrapped my arms around her perfect body my heart went into over drive. I knew that this was where she and I belonged, to each other. I would never let anything bad happenen to her even if it was at the cost of my life. I would bleed out on the sahara desert before I made my little gem unhappy. Just thinking about her unhappy made me tighten my arms around her, and I was suprised (but happy) that she hadn't pulled away yet. As if I had spoken my thought outloud, my gem pulled away from my arms, and I gave an unhappy whimper as I felt all the warmth in my body being pulled away by my goddess. I knew she could see the sadness in my face, but I couldn't help it.

"Umm..Are you okay?" My brain completely went into overdrive as her silky melodious voice wrapped around me. All I know is that I will never find any sound better then her voice. Before I could answer my goddess, she turned and walked away from me, walking a bit faster to the door.

Uh oh, Neither my wolf nor my human side liked that as I jogged and caught her and crushed her into my arms. I could feel her body shake and I felt the wetness from her eyes. Had I made her cry? What did I do? I held her fiercly against me vowing that whatever had just crossed her mind to make her sad would never happen again. This goddess of a human deserved more than to be sad.

So I simply held her and mummered sweet nothings into her ear until she calmed down, knowing that if I had my way she would stay in my arms froever.

Anna's POV:

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set/BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFjVuVUowZ3Q4M3hHc1IwY3JtQkNUUEEAAAACaWQKAWwAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg (outfit before game)

'Oh God, what have I gotten myself into?' I thought as I knocked on the front door of the house ovbviously belonging to Luke. Oh and did I mention that his house (well more like mansion) is HUGE!! I looks like it could hold at least 35 people easily and still have room for guests, and the house itself was beautiful beyond words. That's not what I was talking about though, because Emma had picked out the most rediculous outfit for our little plan. The outfit wasnt what I had on, I had comfy shorts, shirt and vest with some toms. I was the mini football game that Emmas going to 'suggest' to the guys that I had to wear (almost) spandex type short shorts,and a v-neck (that shows alot of 'Dolly' and 'Parton' if you know what I mean) that I was a nervous wreak about.

I was about to knock again when I heard shouting and a huge thud, followed by a quick curse and beautiful laughter, before the door was flung open and I was swept up into Luke's arms. Suddenly all hesitations about our plan flew out of my mind. Actually my mind went completely blank as Luke held me, and the electrical feelings shoot through my veins like a drug. He spun me around in the air a couple of times before he stopped.

When he set me down, I realized just how much I had missed him no matter how short the time away was.

"Anna, you look beautiful as ever" Luke said, instantly making me flush.

"You dont look so bad yourself" I teased standing on my tip toes to give him a peck on the lips, I had to restrain myself to stop from doing more. Lukes smile went into a pout, "Is that all I get?" As he leaned down to get what I was more than willing to give (just a kiss guys! jeez get your mind out of the gutter!!) a voice interupped.

"Seriously Luke? What am I? Kibble and Bits? Introduce me to your mate or get a room with her. Or I'll just have to pick up your slack." Said a guy I reconized from lunch looked expectanly between us, and winked at me. I heard a low growl from Luke. I glanced at him in surprise, why was he mad? He tightend his hold on my waist when the guy held up his hands in surrender.

"You know I was kidding, I would never touch what is yours alp-Luke." he said quickly at the end. What was he going to say? That Luke was alpha? I already knew that. So then why would he not call him alpha in front of me? Oh well, "I'm Anna, Its nice to meet you...?" I raised an eyebrow at him waiting for him to finnish my sentence, "Matt, my name is Matt". He dropped his hand when he realized that I couldn't move my right hand from where it was trapped against Luke's defined abs, and Luke certainly wasn't going to move.

We turned and walked towords the backyard, with our backs to Matt, but not before I saw him give Luke and I a wistful look. Hmm I wonder if he has a mate yet.

Then Luke just had to go and say the most dreaded words of the night, "Lets go introduce you to my parents."

****