CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Jackson

I had watched him fall asleep, my finger caressed his palm gently below the blanket strewn over him. The candle light was dimming slowly as they turned to puddles of wax, I stared at the innocent sleeping face of Kevin when all too suddenly the light came on, bright and intrusive.

Blinking I maneuvered so that he didn't wake from my movements. I grabbed the remote as the TV turned blue and turned off as it began loading. It can load while off. I carried Kevin bridal style. His face rubbed against my chest then and he sighed deeply, his body seeming to relax into me. I smiled softly before leading us into his room.

Setting him down, I kept the blanket on him even as I laid him on his bed, opening the cover with my foot, I set him inside and threw the covers onto him, extra cozy.

"Stay." I froze then and stumbled forward suddenly as a hand gripped my shirt and pulled me, forcing me to balance myself with my hands. My heart pattered against my ribcage as I stared at sleepily blue eyes, a small lazy smile sent my way. "Don't go." He murmured, his nose scrunching up and he tasted his mouth a bit as he opened and closed it loudly.

I watched him wide eyed, glancing down at his hand fisted in my shirt, I took hold of it and he whined, I watched as he rubbed his eye and felt myself smile a bit at how adorable he was right then. I nodded softly and he slowly eased in his grip. I held up one finger and went to place the empty abandoned cups of what was cocoa in the dishwasher, straighten the newly bought pillows on the couch and turn the lights off.

I grabbed my own blanket from the ground then and went to his room. His back was to me and I looked down, tugging on my earlobe I couldn't help smile shyly at being able to share his bed with him, to hold him all night long and wake up to his face. I patted my head at the top and stepped in, closing the door behind me and going around the bed with a small smile.

I chuckled at Kevin reaching around lazily as he slept. I pushed the covers aside and set my blanket inside before getting under it and pulling the cover over me then. I laid my head down and shifted to look over at him. His hand bumped me, grabbing onto my hand I heard him give a light breath as our fingers intertwined and I smiled gently.

It was dark, but the light from the silent thunder outside provided me with glimpses of his sleeping face. Soon my eyelids grew heavy and I found myself asleep.

Kevin could be a problem sleeper to be honest. Somehow through the night, he had pulled the covers off me and had them to himself. I woke up to a breeze and was glad I brought my own blanket. I grabbed the edge of the cover's, wanting to pull them over to me. I managed to when I heard grumbling a moment later and they slowly started leaving me.

I groaned irritated and sat up, I glared at the sleeping Kevin, knowing I would struggle to sleep again, I watch him wiggle as the covers rolled around him, he held them to his chin and a small smile seemed to settle on his face.

"You just wanted to torture me, didn't you?" I spoke lowly, shivering and wondering why his room was so damned cold. I realised he didn't use the built in heaters the way he should. I sighed then and found myself looking for the remote so at least the room could heat up eventually.

When I found it and turned it on, I found my spot on the bed again, glaring at Kevin once more as he enjoyed his own warmth and shook my head, running a hand through my face. I looked over at the time and saw it was only 4:15 am. It was Friday and because I didn't want to, I wouldn't go to work today.