CHAPTER TEN

Jackson

I lead Kevin around my restaurant, nobody had arrived yet and it was awkward, it had been since last night, since we nearly kissed. It was crazy to think that I had nearly shared a kiss with him, that I really wanted to because, seriously, if the phone hadn't rang, I don't know what I would have done.

At the end of the tour I explained to him what he would do which was just washing the dishes, which wasn't all that glamorous but he seemed happy nonetheless.

"I won't let you down," he said with a smile that seemed to break the tension and that's when the rest of my staff walked in laughing and happy. I introduced them and he was welcomed happily.

The day was busy, busier than I had thought it would be. I was actually meant to be at my bakery this week but it wouldn't be a bother. I would stop by the place around lunch.

I found myself checking on Kevin periodically. For the most part he was doing alright, he had broken at least four plates so far because of the rush which I wouldn't really penalize him for. It was his first day.

At lunch I invited him to have it in my office to which he came in looking guilty which made me frown.

"What's wrong?" I stood and he bit his lip.

"I-I'm really sorry, I-I didn't... I didn't mean to," I folded my arms over my large chest and waited for him to explain to me what his problem was. "They-they slipped and...and...I'll pay you back.. I swear." He fell to the floor then onto his knees and I froze unsure of what to do.

"Kevin?" He sniffed.

"Yes?"

"What are you doing?" I asked gently and found myself crouching down to him, he raised his head slowly and I saw the tears falling down his cheek.

"Begging?" He said confused in the most adorable way possible.

"It's your first day..." I chuckled. "I would be worried if you didn't break anything."

"But still...I-" I pressed my finger to his lips and shook my head.

"Have some lunch..." I told him and helped him up. I wiped his tears and he chuckled,sniffing. "I thought you would be comfortable in here. I'll be back in an hour,okay?" He gave an enthusiastic nod then and I kissed his forehead.

As soon as I walked out the door and closed it I froze.

"Jackson,you idiot!" I slapped my forehead, I could only wonder what the poor guy thought of that, I whined to myself before heading for my car with a pout. It had felt so natural, and now, thinking back, I feel like an ass, who was I to kiss his forehead? It didn't belong to me. He didn't belong to me. I had no right.

I kicked myself the entire trip and back, dreading our next conversation.

"Everyone was so nice," Kevin said smiling as I made us dinner. "I don't see why people hate working, why they get so grumpy." I laughed.

"That's because you haven't done it long enough yet." I told him. "You will change your mind after a few months, trust me." He smiled and shook his head.

"No way! I don't see how that's even possible! It's so much fun! And its good exercise."

"You forget, some people work in offices where they need to sit the whole time." I finished cooking and dished it out.

"Okay, okay, but they get breaks and they don't have to be sitting on their days off!"

"Oh, man, you my friend, will soon sit."

"Wanna bet?" He smirked and I raised a brow and nodded.

"Okay, I'll bite." I told him as we sat down.

"Damnit," he said shaking his head. "I was hoping you weren't the betting type." He laughed. It wasn't anything serious, just that once he finally got onto his feet he would need to give me a specified amount if he ever began to hate working.

Tomin the cat meowed and Kevin and I got out some of the toys we had purchased and began to play with him, seeing as he had been alone for most of the day, Kevin felt bad and so, we bounced around a feathered fake bird on a string and made the cat jump around and run after it.

It was fun, we laughed while Tomin eagerly hunted his favourite toy. It was like we were meant to fall into these situations. We both had tried to capture Tomin's attention when we fell, luckily, Kevin fell on top of me and I on the ground. The carpet didn't do much to break my fall but it was enough to ignore it as Kevin's lips provided me with enough distraction.

Like I said, obviously fate was on our side.

I felt myself give in to the kiss right as he hurriedly pulled away and gasped touching his lips. I stared up at him as he sat on my crouch.

"I'm so sorry!" He gasped. "I- I don't! It just-" I sat up then and grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him down for a real kiss. He had widened his eyes and I deepened the kiss, his moment of hesitation, I used to slip my tongue through his mouth.

I twirled the thick muscle around his and he moaned before wrapping his arms around my neck and pulling me closer, his ass seemed to press into my crouch making me groan and grab onto it. His ass was getting plump, it filled my hand and I kneaded which made him visibly shiver.

We pulled apart panting. My finger caressed his cheek as my pant squeezed him.

"I want you," I found myself saying. I may have been too dazed, a little bit high off of adrenaline, it was the only explanation for my burst of confidence. He nodded as his eyes searched me.

"Then take me." He whispered and pushed his lips onto mine. I groaned and ran my hands up and down his back, under his short I felt his skin before pushing him away.

"You're not saying that because you want to repay me,are you?" I frowned.

"No?" He took deep breaths. "That thought was thrown out the window days ago."

I smiled then and kissed him and hurriedly took his shirt off.