CHAPTER TWELVE

Jackson

I... I was over the moon. Not only had I just been laid, for the first time ever, I was completely comfortable. Sure, it was with my crush, sure we hadn't known each other long enough and yes, we weren't even dating, but, who cares? I felt sated and hungry and I wanted to spend the day with him, in my arms, kissing him.

I'm a completely hopeless man.

I wasn't expecting much from him now that we had...done the deed. I honestly didn't know what it meant, if it meant anything to him. I wanted to ask, to pick at his brain and feel sure about whatever it is between us, but, I felt he probably needed time. Time to think it through and decide for himself to deal with everything.

Which is why I allowed him to go to work by himself, I went to the bakery instead.

While I worked, I thought of him, I wondered what he was feeling, how he wanted things to go and it honestly began to scare me which is why I dialed the number of my only confidant.

"I think I screwed up." I said as I stood outside in the alley behind my bakery to smoke. I was feeling tense now that Kevin wasn't near me, now that I had thought of all the things he may be thinking of right now.

"You? Screw up? No way." He said and I heard voices over his side.

"I'm serious,Nick. Can you talk?" I asked knowing he was a busy man.

"Of course. One moment," he told me and I heard him speak in Korean over the phone to someone who responded in like. "Alright, bare your soul."

"We did it."

"I'm sorry? You did what? With whom?" He asked calmly and I blew out some smoke.

"Kevin and I... We had sex." I looked around and frowned before scratching my head. He was silent for a moment before he sighed.

"Did you enjoy yourself?"

"Yes."

"Do you have an regrets?"

"...No."

"What was his reaction?"

"I...I think he liked it, I mean..he came and stuff." I mumbled helplessly and shrugged my shoulder.

"My dear child, did you talk to him?"

"...No?"

"You're an idiot." He said with a sigh. "Look, before you call me again, talk to him, lay it all down on the table the way you would a business meeting,alright?" He paused, "Okay, no, not exactly like a business meeting, knowing you, that isn't good." I felt myself sigh, "just talk to him, find out how he feels and go from there."

I bit my lip as I watched the cigarette butt flame as I flicked it.

"Nick...what if he did it out of gratitude?" He was silent.

"It's possible, but I don't know this man enough to say he'll be honest. Just, accept that it could be and hope for the best... Do you want it to happen again?" I felt my cheeks warm in the cold air and didn't respond which made him chuckle. "Don't rush,okay?"