Chapter 10

Saturday 9th February 1963

After battling a cold for the last two weeks it’s nice to have a relaxing weekend away at Camp David, without Bobby and the press. Jackie is starting to have the slightest hint of a baby bump, the children will find out this weekend. We told the agents closest to us this week.

Jack was lying on the banking next to the pool with John. They were talking about aeroplanes when Caroline lay down beside them. “Mummy’s just coming; she’s got some news for us.”

Jack smiled. “Yeah she does.”

“Do you know?!” Caroline exclaimed.

He nodded and smiled.

Jackie put her hand on her stomach and slowly sat down beside her family. “Everyone okay?” She smiled putting her sunglasses on.

John nodded.

“Should I tell them or you?” Jackie asked her husband.

“You do it.”

Jackie blushed and put her arms around Caroline and John. “Well, you’re going to have a new brother or sister.” She whispered. “I’m pregnant.”

Caroline’s eyes lit up in amazement. “Yay!” She hugged her mother tightly. John understood slightly and joined the hug. Jack smiled.

After the children dashed inside for their nap Jack put his arm round Jackie. His hand landed on her small bump and gently rubbed it. “How’s baby Kennedy today?” He whispered.

Jackie giggled. “What are you doing?”

“Talking to my child.”

She smiled and placed her hand on top of his. “Baby Kennedy loves you.”

He laughed. “I love it too.”

She smiled and kissed him. “You better help me up.”

“Of course, Jacqueline.”

After pulling her to her feet they went a walk around the estate. Some agents followed them. “Jack?”

“Hmmm?”

“I love you.”

He blushed and turned to face her. He took both her hands. “I love you too.”

She grinned, she’d never been as happy before. Jack had changed so much in the last four months.

Caroline and John’s reaction was the most heart-warming seen. They seemed so excited it just made me happy. I know this baby will fit in perfectly with a loving brother and sister, wonderful mother and a slowly learning father.