Chapter 13

John F Kennedy Jr’s House

John rubbed his eyes. He was exhausted and knew he should go to bed but he wanted to continue reading. He wanted to know more. He couldn’t believe Bobby had found out about the baby.

Wednesday 6th March 1963

Jackie’s bump is getting bigger. It’s not noticeable but she has to wear baggier clothes to hide it. I think we’ll have to announce it soon; it’s becoming difficult to keep it a secret.

Jack had just returned to the residence for a nap after a luncheon with Lyndon. He was tired and it showed with the bags under his eyes. “Jackie?” He called once he’d closed the door. When there was no reply he assumed she’d gone a walk.

When he went into his room he found Jackie lying on his bed with her face in his pillow sobbing her eyes out. “Kid?” He asked concerned sitting down beside her.

“Jack.” She cried burying her head into his chest.

Jack stroked her hair before rubbing her back trying to get her to calm down. “What’s wrong?”

Jackie managed to gather some composure and wipe her eyes. “Tish…. Tish is expecting me to do too much, I’m exhausted I can barely get up in the morning… she doesn’t understand and I still don’t want to tell her I’m pregnant.”

Jack held her close. “I know kid.” He whispered. “But why are you crying?”

“Because I’m so tired.”

“Come on, let’s get some sleep. Don’t worry about Tish, leave her to me.” He said as he helped her lie down.

As soon as her head hit the pillow she was out like a light, she began to snore. Jack thought it was adorable as he closed his eyes.

An hour and a bit later he was at work in the Oval again. “Mrs. Lincoln, when I have a free appointment ask Tish to come and see me.”

“Okay Sir.”

Jack had just come back in from the bathroom when Tish knocked on his door. “Mr. President?”

“Come in Tish, have a seat.” He said sitting down.

“Is everything okay Sir?” She asked confused.

“Listen, Jackie is really tired and she wants to spend time with Caroline and John, could you please lighten her work load.”

“I’m sorry Mr. President but it’s really important she’s at these engagements.” Tish replied.

Jack sighed. “What I’m about to tell you doesn’t get re-laid to Jackie, ok?”

She nodded.

“Jackie’s pregnant, she’s exhausted. I don’t want her working as much in case something happens to the baby.”

Tish nodded. “Okay Mr. President I’ll sort her schedule. Congratulations.”

He smiled. “Thanks Tish.”

That night when he got back to the residence Jackie hugged him. “Thank you for talking with Tish, I feel better about the schedule now.”

“Glad I could help.” He kissed her, placing his hands on her growing stomach.

Well another person knows, but at least it’ll help Jackie’s health. She was too tired and irritable; also with both of us being so cautious due to other pregnancies I’m glad she isn’t too busy.