Chapter 20

Thursday 4th July 1963

Finally a rest, Europe was hectic. I just want to see my wife and children. I’ve missed them and I have so many presents. I might try to avoid Bobby though, he’ll moan a lot but that’s normal I guess. I hope Jackie like’s my present for her from Ireland.

When Marine One landed on the front lawn of his parent’s house, he dashed of the steps and towards his wife. “You’re massive.” He called, smiling, walking towards her. She blushed and wrapped her arms around him. He kissed her cheek and hugged her back. For once in his life, he didn’t care who saw.

Jackie took his hands. “You look exhausted.” She whispered. “Why don’t we go home?”

He nodded. “I’d like that.”

Once they were in their room Jackie sat down on the bed. Jack joined her and put his arm around her. His hands landed on her baby bump. “Jackie can you feel that?” He exclaimed his face lighting up.

She giggled. “Yes, it’s a very active baby.” She smiled as it continued to kick.

“No Jackie, it’s a Kennedy.”

Jackie burst out laughing and kissed him passionately. “That it definitely is.”

They were lying making out when Bobby burst in. “What present did you get me?” He exclaimed, and then his eyes landed on Jack. “Ewe I didn’t want to see that.”

“Well learn to knock!” Jack hissed sitting up.

Bobby rolled his eyes. Jack handed him a parcel and he left. Jack pulled a box out of his jacket for Jackie. “This is for you.”

She blushed and opened it.” Oh Jack!”

He smirked. “Do you like it?”

She nodded and slipped the emerald necklace on. “It’s beautiful, I love it. Thank you.”

He grinned. “It’s to match your engagement ring.”

She smiled and kissed him. She was glad he was home.

Today was great, I’m so happy to be home. I missed my wife so much. I’m glad she liked the necklace. Now to look forward to some time off for Independence Day and sailing with Caroline and John.