Chapter 27

Thursday 21st November 1963

I’m dreading this trip before it’s even began, the only thing that makes me happy is the fact Jackie is with me. The endless events, moving about, the weather, speeches, hotel rooms and Lyndon just make me not want to go, but I suppose needs must, if I’m going to win in 64.

“And this Mr. President is a new chamber which we are hoping will help with space travel.” The guide said.

Jack nodded and looked around the chamber. “Can I talk to the men?” Seven men were testing out the chamber by being kept in it for a month. “Of course Mr. President.”

As Jack learned more and more about its hope for developing the future he had a burning question on his mind. “Could it help babies with breathing aliments?” He asked.

“Yes, we hope so.”

Jack turned to Jackie, their eyes locked. Jack discreetly reached for her hand, both of them thinking of Patrick and how he’d brought them closer together. He gave her a weak smile. She got closer to him and placed a hand on his back.

When they got back to Air Force One Jackie went to fix her make-up. When she entered the private cabin Jack was sitting writing. “Jack, what are you doing?”

He blushed and shoved the book under his pillow. “My diary.”

She smiled and sat down beside him. “You still write it?”

“Yeah, it helps me control my anger.”

Jackie kissed him. “We have forty minutes.” She said seductively. “Do you know what I’m thinking?”

He grinned and pulled her into his lap. “I think I’m thinking the same thing.”

She giggled and ruffled his hair. “I love you Bunny.”

“I love you too, Kid.” He replied as his fingers slowly unzipped her white dress. She blushed and they made the most of the little time and privacy they had.

I’ll finish writing tomorrow after Dallas and Austin, then I’ll hide my diary at Lyndon’s ranch, I don’t think I want him finding this and reading all the insults. But for now, I must go, my wife needs me.