7

"Oh, it's lunchtime already." Lucas got up from his bed and went to the bathroom to clean up himself.

When he reached the shop, he saw Ijekiel locking the door.

"Closing already?"

"Yeah, we close early on Sundays. Have you had your lunch?"

"Not yet"

"Let's eat together then."

"Your treat?"

"Sure."

The two went to a food court nearby since they're hungry.

"They sure have lots of choices here." Ijekiel said. They both walked around and ordered their food.

"I really think you should give her the rose." Ijekiel said while eating his spaghetti.

"It'll wither and it won't be pretty anymore"

"I'm sure her father has a way to preserve it."

"..."

"..."

"Hair pin will rust too anyway, it's just a matter of time."

"Don't talk when you eat."

"Says the person who started the conversation."

"..."

When they both finished their meal, they went to a craftshop. They were greeted by a warm welcome at the entrance before Lucas started to look around and found a blue box that caught his eye. He went over for a closer look.

'I'll get this.' thought Lucas and walked towards the cashier.

"Don't you want to check out the others before choosing?" Ijekiel trailed behind Lucas, holding a box in his hand too.

"Always trust your first choice"

"...Well at least check the price before paying?"

"The price ain't changing my mind."

'Woah, that's a rich kid for you'

"You're probably thinking I'm rich right" Lucas looked at Ijekiel.

"Woah woah woah, did you read my mind?" Ijekiel stepped back a few steps.

"I don't have such power." Lucas said as he took out his wallet from his pocket for payment.

After they both done buying things, they headed home.

When Lucas reached home, he went into his room and took out his laptop to search tutorials on wrapping a present.

Before long, the night slowly creeped  in. Lucas found a way to place the hair pin in the box nicely.

'Guess I'll do it tomorrow.'

He placed the box in a corner of his table and took a shower before going to bed. He heard a notification from his phone just when he came out of shower. He wore his pajamas and took his phone.

'A message?' He clicked the notification to see who messaged him so late at night. 'Oh Athanasia.'

He lay on his bed to reply her texts.