5

Lucas stared at the ceiling of his room while lying on his comfortable bed. He took out his handphone and went to the contacts to call someone.

"Kiel, you free this weekend?"

"After work, yes. Why?"

"Wait for me at the shop."

"Sure."

"beep beep."

"Weird. He never invites people out."

Lucas ended the call and fell fast asleep. Well he can't help it. He used up all his brain cells just to think of a birthday gift.

"I guess I'll cancel that order I made."

He took his phone and dialed a number.

"Hello? Yes. I would like to cancel the order I made. Yes, the bouquet of roses. Yes thank you."

He hung up and lay on his bed. 'Kiel has a sister right? He might know something.' He fell fast asleep without doing his homework.

Unsurprisingly, Lucas woke up earlier than usual the next morning, early enough for him to complete his homework. 'I can't believe I slept without doing a single thing.'

He finished his homework on time, and went to school. He's not hungry so he didn't get breakfast.

When he reached the school gate, he saw a beautiful girl with shiny golden hair. Someone was running towards her. "Athy! Good morning!" "Ah, Jennette, you surprised me." "Hehe sorry"

'That's the girl who went to the shop.' Lucas thought as he looked at Jennette.

"Lucas, spacing out in the morning?"

Lucas knew who that voice belong to without looking, but he still turned his head anyway.

"Kiel" "Hm?" "You said you have a sister right?" "Well she's actually not my sister but I treat her like one. Why?"

Lucas thought about it and looked at the direction where he last saw Athanasia.

'She's gone... Well of course, class is starting soon.'

"Nothing. Time for class"

"Yup, we should get going."

Ijekiel stared hardly at Lucas while they were on their way to their class, which made Lucas uncomfortable.

"What is it?"

"You seem weird today.. You even want to go somewhere with me this weekend. Is something the matter?"

Well, Lucas wasn't shock that Ijekiel knew something was off. They're close buddies afterall.

"Nothing"

"Hm fine"

They went to their seats just in time. Their homeroom teacher came in and marked their attendance.

「 after school 」

"Athy, let's get crepes today!"

"Sure"

"I want the chocolate banana one. You?"

"Strawberry."

They left the school and head for the shop. They are greeted with Ijekiel's warm welcome, as usual.

"Welcome, ladies. What sould you like to order today?"

"Same as the other day, please." Jennette ordered and placed out her student card and some money.

"Jennette, I can pay mine today..."

"It's fine. Today is on me!" Jennette said without letting Athanasia finish her sentence.

"Wha--"

"That would be 25 dollars"

Jennette paid the amount and they both sat at a table.

"Jennette."

"Hm?"

"Did the price... drop?"

"Oh ya he said he'll give us discount since we come often. We even tried all the flavours! It is something like.. as thanks?"

"Hmm I see."

Not long after, Lucas came out the kitchen, with one chocolate-banana crepe and one strawberry crepe in his hands. He passed the crepe to them.

As we walked back to the kitchen, he took a quick glance at Athanasia, only to find her smiling happily while eating the crepe. "It's the second time she smiled like this. The first was when you first came to help out." Ijekiel popped out of nowhere.

"Huh?"

"Your crepe must be really tasty huh" Ijekiel said as he looked at his friend.

Lucas didn't say a word. He went straight back to the kitchen, making other orders. 'Of course it is tasty. I added more sugar for her afterall. She has a sweetooth.' Lucas thought.

----------

The girls finished eating their crepes and left the shop.

"Hey, Athy. Don't you think your crepe today is more tasty than usual?"

"Yes. It's the same taste as the one I last ate. Maybe it's the taste of strawberry crepe?"

"Huh? No way. I've ate that before, it didn't taste like that. Is it Lucas' baking is better or Ijekiel just isn't good at this?"

"Who knows" Athanasia replied, looking at her phone. 'Ah, a message.' She clicked the notification to open it.

Jennette was curious who messaged her at this time so she tried to peek at her phone. She was surprised when she saw the name was "annoying 💕"

"Athy, who's that?"

"A friend."

"Then why don't you put their name?"

"Hmm I wonder."

'And what's that heart emoji at the end? I'm pretty sure I'm her closest friend. Could it be...'

"YOUR BOYFRIEND??!!"

"Shhhhh Jennette! You're being too loud!"

The people around them all had their gaze on Jennette and Athanasia.

"Oops, sorry..." Jennette apologized in guilty.

"He's not my boyfriend."

"Who else would you put a heart emoji at the end of the name?"

"Uhm... childhood friend?"

Jennette didn't know what to answer. "Well whatever, let's go home."

"Mhm." Athanasia kept the phone in her bag and went to the direction of her home.

They didn't notice, that Lucas was just right behind them the whole time. He saw everything. Including his name on Athanasia's contact. 'Does she feel the same way?'

Well, whatever. Lucas just went straight home to do his homework.

—————————————————

I'm so sorry for not updating for so long. I wrote this yesterday and forgot to upload it. My ideas come and go recently so I can't write. I'll write when my ideas come back. I'm really sorry :(

For my other book, I'm writing it too, please be patient :) It's just that this arc is not completed yet so I have to continue this first. I will write the other one after I'm done with this arc don't worry ^^

Thank you so much for all your support! Every morning when I wake up, I see notifications of people reading my stiry and that actually makes my day :D It made me feel like I can keep going ^^

I'm also busy with schoolwork so the next chapter might take a while :( I'll try my best to update as soon as possible. Once again, thank you for reading my story :D

~Lin