11

Countdown to Athanasia's birthday:

3 days

—————

"Athyyy!" Jeannette came running to Athanasia and hugged her. "Good morning."

"Good morning Jeannette. You seem happier today"

"Hehe. Is it?" Jeannette did not answer Athanasia's question. "Let's go, class is starting"

The two girls walked to class together for homeroom.

Meanwhile, Lucas and Ijekiel were discussing about the present Lucas wrapped last night.

"It's awful"

"Kiel, one more word and I'll expose false information about you to the whole school."

"I'm just stating a fact"

"I know but it hurts you know?" Lucas slapped Ijekiel.

"Ouch that hurts" Ijekiel slapped back Lucas.

"Glad you know it." 

The two boys slapped each other back and forth, until they heard a voice coming from behind them.

"What are both of you doing here? Homeroom is starting, you should be in class now"

They both looked where the voice was coming from and saw the principal.

"M-Mr Alger" Ijekiel stuttered.

Lucas stared at the principal. "Aren't you... familiar?"

Mr Alger stared back at Lucas, turning it into a staring contest, while Ijekiel tried to cut them off.

"We're very sorry. We'll go for class now" Ijekiel bowed his head to the principal and dragged Lucas away.

"I've seen you before. Thanks for coming to my shop." Mr Alger said and walked away.

Ijekiel heard what the principal said but he didn't seem to care about it much as he was in a hurry for class.

"Learn to restraint yourself, Lucas. He's the principal!"

"What now, you're lecturing me?"

"However you wanna put it"

"I just thought... he looked like..." Lucas turned around when they walked through the hallway and passed by Athanasia's class. "Athanasia..." He stared at Athanasia who was focusing in class.

"Well duh, that's her father" Ijekiel left Lucas behind and head to their classroom.

'Athanasia's father? This school's principal? What the heck? I've been in this school for 3 years and I just knew? Seriously for goddamn's sake!' That was all Lucas thought before entering his class.

"Oh wait, that means, the pin you bought, was from the principal?" Ijekiel ignored him.

"This brat, always talking like he knows everything, finally this is something he didn't know, I shall let him be"

"Oi Kiel, I can hear you"

"Whatever"

---

After school ended, Lucas and Ijekiel went to the store they bought the hairpins from. They were so curious about the owner to the shop.

"Are we still going there? We already found out who the owner is though."

"We haven't"

"We just met him in school today"

"What? Seriously? Why didn't you tell me, geez!"

'Now who is the brat who doesn't know about this' Lucas sighed and just followed the flow.

When they finally reached the shop, Ijekiel asked the shopkeeper. When the shopkeeper said it was Mr Alger, Ijekiel left in a shock while Lucas didn't seem to be surprised at all since the principal himself mentioned to them.

"Lucas, you don't seem surprised about that. Don't tell me, you..."

"Yeah, I knew already" Lucas took a bite of the crepe they bought from the crepe shop before coming, 'What's so special about this?' but he didn't seem to understand why the girls loved it so much to the extent they'll eat it everyday.

"Why didn't you say earlier? You wasted my day off."

Lucas gave up arguing. "Yeah yeah, let's get back now"

---

"Eh? Ijekiel is not here today?"

"Yeah, he worked the most of us all so boss gave him a day off today to rest."

"Damn. I wanted  to tell him where my father's shop is."

"Miss?" The cashier looked confused.

"Ah, sorry. One strawberry crepe please."

Next chapter: 15 June 2020