Part 15

*RING*

"Welcome! Oh, you're here!"

Athanasia greeted Ijekiel before looking around.

"If you're looking for Lucas, he's in the kitchen."

"Oh, alright."

"So, strawberry?" Ijekiel asked. "Oh, Jeannette isn't here?"

"She forgot to do her homework, apparently, so she went back first. I see the Christmas special is up?"

"Yup! The vanilla one looks like snow, but it's tasty, I promise!" Ijekiel promoted.

While Athanasia was hesitating whether or not to get it, Lucas came out of the kitchen.

"Move."

"Excuse me?"

"You're excused. Your turn in the kitchen."

"Geez, fine."

Ijekiel headed to the kitchen to continue where Lucas left off, while Lucas himself handled Athanasia's order.

"Wanna try the vanilla one?"

"I don't know, is it yummy?"

"If I'm the one making it, guaranteed."

"But it's not you in the kitchen right now."

Lucas was already ready to key-in the unconfirmed order. "I can go back in."

"...Whatever. I'll take that Christmas special vanilla one."

Lucas entered her order for it to be sent to the kitchen to be made.

"Does this shop just refuse to put price tags on specials?" Athanasia questioned. "How am I supposed to know if I'm getting scammed or not?"

Lucas reached his hand into his pocket and pulled out a card. "Don't worry about that." He scanned it on the card reader at the next moment, a receipt was printed.

"Did you just-"

"Don't worry about that. Sit down."

Athanasia was confused, but decided to deal with it later.

When Lucas came with a crepe in hand, Athanasia had her phone ready.

"Price and account number."

"What for?"

"I'm paying you back."

"I said don't worry about it. Twice. Third time now."

Athanasia sighed. "Listen, I'm not poor, I can afford it myself."

"Did I say you couldn't afford it?"

The reply made the girl let out another sigh.

"Just call me next time you come if Kiel is the cashier."

Athanasia couldn't believe her ears. Was he saying he would treat her eerytime she comes for crepes?

"...I'll shove cash to you tomorrow." She kept her phone back into her bag. While she was at it, she pulle dout a box. "Right, that shopkeeper gave you this," she handed the box to Lucas.

"What's in there?"

"I didn't open it."

"Why not?"

"...Because it's yours?? She also said she's willing to wrap presents for you again for free. Damn, didn't know you got that service for free, pretty boy."

Lucas did not lay a finger on the box. "Return that and tell her I'm not going back."

"That's rude. I think she likes you."

Lucas shifted his gaze to Athanasia before speaking again. "I have almost everything I need and want, I don't need someone else's gift, and I have someone I like, which isn't her."

Athanasia gave up asking him to accept it. Not like she didn't see it coming, anyway. However, the way Lucas structed his sentence made her curious.

"'Almost'? So there's something you couldn't get your hands on?" She took the opportunity to ask.

"...Maybe." Lucas looked away when he noticed customers entering the shop. "I'm going back to the kitchen."

"Eh? But the customers-"

"Kiel will deal with them."

Ah, yes, typical Lucas.

Athanasia finally took a bite of the crepe Lucas served.

'This is good. They should put it permanently on the menu.'

-----------------------------

double update to start the new year!!