6

On this sunny Saturday morning, Lucas woke up to see the time. It's already 10a.m. . He changed to his outwear, stuffed his phone into his bag and went for the door.

He left the house and headed for the crepe store.

'Crap. I forgot my wallet.'

Luckily, he wasn't too far from his home yet. So he went back to take his wallet from his room.

'I can't buy her present if I forgot this' Lucas thought as he locked the door.

By the time he reached the crepe shop, it was still early for lunch. So he plan to order a crepe since he never ate one, but was stopped by Ijekiel at the counter.

"Lucas, didn't expect you to be here so early. Come help out in the kitchen."

"I just had time to spare."

"There's quite a lot of customers today too." Ijekiel said as he took the customers' orders.

Lucas looked around the shop, only to find girls staring at him.

"Kya, is that the rumoured new staff?"
"I'm sure he is."
"Ask him out!"
"Oh he's looking here"
"He's looking at me"
"Do you think he noticed me?"

"What the heck. Since when I became a topic for gosips?" Lucas felt annoyed and thought he'll help out in the kitchen since he has no mood eating with those ladies staring at him.

"They've been talking about you everytime they come here." Ijekiel told him.

"Tsk. Annoying." Lucas put down his things and wore an apron to work in the kitchen.

Ijekiel just smiled as he see Lucas head to the kitchen.

"Hey kiddo, you're here to help out today?" a worker asked Lucas.

"No, I'm here to mess up your work." Lucas went to look up at the orders. 'Strawberry again?'

"There you go again, always saying things like you're annoyed but you actually like it right?" the worker looked at Lucas who is making the third crepe.

Lucas didn't answer him. He just focused on his work despite the stares he get from the ladies who are looking at him from outside of the kitchen.

After the shop closed, Lucas took off his apron and talked to Ijekiel.

"Can we not make the door transparent?"

"Why not? It's part of entertainment for the customers while they wait," Ijekiel said that despite knowing the reason why Lucas doesn't want the door transparent.

"What do you think are we? Circus?"

"Pfft- you can make a circus if you want. It's easy. Just pull the dough and swing it around and-"

"Kiel, it's not funny."

"Ehem" Ijekiel clears his throat after laughing. "Well, I can't do anything about that. Do you think 'the ladies are staring too much' will be a good reason for putting up a non-transparent door? Moreover you're the only one who doesn't like it. The others love it when girls stare at them."

Well, Ijekiel is stating the facts, and Lucas knows it. He can't just change the door because of him alone. That's selfish.

"Well not like I'm working here full-time. I guess it's fine."

Ijekiel just nodded in agreement.

"Let's go." Lucas took his bag and left the shop.

"Ah, wait for me!" Ijekiel quickly locked the shop and caught up Lucas' speed.