Chapter 40 - Wake up

Closing your book you turn off the light and snuggle up against Loki who had fallen asleep a while ago. Sighing in content you get a bad feeling in the pit of your stomach but go to bed nonetheless.

No resurrections this time

Gasping awake you look around in a panicked state. "Darling, what's wrong?"

"Sorry... just another bad dream..."

"Let me guess... Loki?" You giggle and turn to your husband with a pout.

"Shut up, Hiddleston," he places his book down and smirks.

"I could always dye my hair black for you,"

"And get rid of this beautiful colour? No thank you," he pulls you on top of him, smiling down at him you pull him towards you for a kiss.

The fuzzy sound of an alarm clock fills your ears as you slowly open your eyes. "What the-" looking around you see the bright cloudy sky through the window of your bedroom. "Another dream?! Was that all a dream?" You grunt and look at the clock by your bed, still blasting noise. "I need to stop reading fan fiction... eventually I'll get stuck in my dreams,"

Climbing out of bed you walk towards the kitchen for a cup of coffee, not noticing the wet floor in front. Slipping on the floor, you hit your head instantly. Flinching out of your sleep you look up to see Loki putting on his shirt.

"Bad dream?"

"More like a damn collection of them!" Groaning into your soft pillow you turn your head to the alarm clock.

8:00 AM

You pinch yourself and sigh when you realise you were really awake. "The fact that I'm awake at this time is mind boggling," he chuckles and walks over to your side as you close your eyes longing for slumber.

"Would breakfast make up for it?" Your eyes shoot open. "Pancakes?" You nod enthusiastically as he walks to the kitchen.

"Thank you!" You shout after him. "If this is a dream I will commit crimes against man kind,"

~~~

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Morgan... Happy Birthday to you!" As Morgan blows out her candles everyone claps in delight. Once everyone was handed a slice of cake the kids downed it instantly and went back to playing.

"Where's Y/n?" Bucky shrugs and turns to Tony.

"Where's your daughter, Stark?"

"I think she's on her way," Steve nods and continues to eat his cake.

"The party has arrived!" You walk towards the group holding presents for Morgan. "Sorry I'm late, I got caught up cleaning up a mess," placing the gifts down at the table you greet everyone with a hug.

"By mess do you mean-"

"Yes, there was. So. Much. Glitter." Sam chuckles and cracks open a can of beer.

"Speaking of, where are they?"

"Still at the car, Thor is probably struggling to bring his gift," Tony's eyes widen with worry.

"Don't tell me it's an animal..."

"Ok I won't," Tony scowls as Wanda hands Pietro $5. He looks back at Morgan who was running towards you. "Hey there, Kiddo," she giggles as you pick her up. "You're getting bigger by the second!"

"Really? Daddy, do you hear that? I'm getting bigger!" Morgan jumps down from your grip. "Are they here?"

"Does this answer your question?" Suddenly Morgan was lifted in the air by an unseen force, she laughs uncontrollably and pokes at the air. Loki reveals himself and puts her down.