Chapter 4 - Shopping

Getting into a sleek black car you look at the rear view mirror to see Happy driving the car. Excitement fuelled you further, eyes darting ever so slightly to Happy from time to time.

"This is the person from another universe, Happy," he nods in understanding. Streets passed by, cars hurrying along to their destination as you sat back to peer around at everything.

"Welcome to Columbus Circle mall," the car came to a halt as Natasha opened the door on your side. "I'm going to go for a coffee and I will meet you back here in an hour I have a few things to deal with," she hands you a platinum card before she moved along to tend to personal business.

Walking into store after store you seemed to quickly get essentials—soap, shampoo and conditioner and other bathroom essentials was easy. Next was actual clothing to which you decide to go with your usual choices instead of going all out to impress. Who was there to impress?

No one in all honesty, and who cared? You were with the Avengers for God's sake! They wouldn't care about clothing, would they? Suppose Tony would slander about casual clothing, or Nat would banter about buying something formal in case, but you didn't really know them outside the movies so who were you to say?

~~~

"Hey Nat,"

"Hey... is that all you got?" She looks down at the 4 bags you were carrying. You fiddle with the handles of the bag.

"It was $250 for all of it..." she chokes on the coffee in hand.

"Only? You need to teach the boys how to spend like you," both of you walk out the mall with her on your left when sudden shouting rung to your right. Looking, you see a man holding a gun... guess who it was pointing to? You or maybe it was directed to Nat but you didn't have time to think. Nat shouts for you to duck, her hand reaching for her phone and very own weapon.

You do as told as well as holding out your hands palm facing the man. The sound of a gun blasting made you tremble. A few gasps filled the air.

"Y/n?" You open your eyes to see a bullet inches away from you. A blue mist the same as the portal that got you here in the first place was creating a force strong enough to stop a bullet.

"What the fuck?!" Putting down your hand the bullet falls to the floor with a clatter. You look up to see the man who shot the bullet being escorted away by what looked to be undercover officers.

Natasha quickly grabs your arm and drags you to the parked car. "What was that?" Natasha asks calmly.

"I- I don't know," you stutter on your sentence, a pressure in your chest made it hard to breath and you got light headed.

"Hey, hey, calm down it's ok we will figure this out," Nat hands you a bottle of water as Happy drives to the tower. "Let's talk through this okay?"

~~~

"Hey did you guys hear about the armed threat at Columbus Circle? Heard some kid stopped a bullet with some blue gas or something!" Tony said when you both got off the elevator with bags in hand. You were still a little shaken up as Nat comforted you. "Hey... what happened?" Tony looks a little worried as he sees you.

"That kid was... me," you say quietly. An astonished look covered Tony's face. "Before you start... no I don't know how I did it or what it is... I shouldn't really, I mean I'm normal, I'm human,"

Tony glanced around, trying not to further stress you and instead changing the subject. "Hey where are the rest of your bags?"

"They're all here,"

He snorts before realising you weren't joking. "Seriously? How much did you spend? $300?" He crosses his arms and narrows his eyes.

"Only $250 don't worry,"

An odd face plasters on him before Nat chuckles. "You should learn a thing or two from them, Stark," grumbling he allows you to leave to your room after you handed him his card.

~~~

Placing everything into the cupboard and bathroom you looked around and sighed. Stripping yourself of clothing you get into the shower, letting the water heat up, the soothing temperatures lurk down your muscles, relaxing aches.

What was going on? You had no idea, but you did have a few minutes to ponder possibilities. The blue mist was familiar you knew it was the same as the one from your home universe—the one that got you here. There was something else though... you had seen it somewhere, prior knowledge...

"Mx L/n, dinner will be ready in 10 minutes," you sigh and thank Jarvis. Today was too long for any more stress, so all you wish for is a simple peaceful dinner—normal, not so much considering it would be with the Avengers... plus Loki.

~~~

Yeet

Yeet

- Anna ❤️