Chapter 14 - Christmas Party

We are skipping all the way to the night because your day consisted of a run, training, a shower then a long ass nap. It was a Tuesday after all. A slow... pain staking Tuesday-

"WAKE UP!" A robotic voice screams through the speakers. You jump out of bed and land on the floor with a thud, groaning upon impact. "Very sorry about that, Mx L/n, Mr Stark requested that I shout,"

"That's ok, Jarv, I'll just kick Tony's ass later," you murmur; picking yourself off the ground to catch a glimpse of the time. "Oh shit,"

"Yes, the party starts in an hour and Miss Romanoff requests you in her room in 5 minutes," stumbling over your carpet you go to your closet and take out the outfit bought. Changing as fast as you can you put on formal shoes you had gotten slightly more used to, soles feeling less stiff.

"I'm here!" Nat looks up at you with a grin. A lady with strawberry blonde hair exits the bathroom holding a brush and makeup palette. "Oh my god, Miss Potts, Hi!" You didn't know how to react but she knew what to say.

"Call me Pepper, as long as I can call you Y/n,"

You couldn't stop yourself from smiling bashfully. "So... what did you need?"

"To do your hair," quirking a brow you look at Nat.

"What's wrong with my hair?" You comb it back with your hand.

"Nothing," she takes out a brush. "I just think I could work a little magic on it,"

~~~

It was just in time for the party when everyone's makeup and hair was done. Nat had finally finished her apparent magic on you.

"I look-"

"Like a god," Pepper finishes.

"Looking for their God?" Nat questioned with a knowing look.

Slapping Nats hand Pepper gives a motherly look. "You like Thor?"

You snort and laugh, shaking your head at the question.

"More like his brooding brother," Nat quips as you stop laughing and glare at her.

"You like Loki?" Pepper gave a disapproving glance.

"He's not a bad guy," you remind.

"If you say so," Pepper straightens out her dress and hair, then grabbing your hand and holding it in hers. "But if he breaks your heart he'll have to answer to me," she says reassuringly and in a rather scary tone.

"Now, let's get this over with," Nat simpered.

~~~

The event was in full swing by the time you got to the party floor. You fidgeted with your top but relaxed when you saw the team sitting by the bar.

"You finally made it!" Tony says with a broad grin. "Pepper, darling, you look wonderful as usual," Tony kisses Peppers hand and you had to hold in a sigh of admiration.

"Lairde Y/n, you look wonderful," Thor took your hand and repeated the actions that Tony had done for Pepper.

"Nat, you look great," Bruce seemed to smile and daringly kissed Nats hand, for this you had to hold in a squeal.

"Oh, Clint you look ravishing!" Clint mocked and kissed his own hand to which Cap pats Clints back with a smirk.

"Where's Jane? Thought she would be here, Darcy would've come along too I bet you,"

"Jane and I aren't on speaking terms..."

"Thor, You haven't told her you were on earth? This is stupid-"