Chapter 11 - Therapy with Jarvis

Well, a while has passed, Loki had continued to self isolate.

Guess what, though?

You also seemed to have a bad luck streak. Whether it was an object falling on you, a simple fall to the floor or knocking something over it always seemed to happen whenever a glimmer of green and the smell of mint passed the air.

You have had enough this time.

"LOKI!" You bang on the God's door.

What had pushed you over the edge? Somehow your hair had turned l/f/c after a shower. Not caring that the clothes you had put on were getting soaked, here you were.

"LOKI IF YOU DONT COME OUT RIGHT NOW I WILL BREAKDOWN THIS DOOR WITH MY BARE FUCKING HANDS!"

The door slowly opened to reveal Loki with a cocky smirk. "What ever can I do for you, Y/n?" He gasps as he looks at your head. "What happened to your hair?" You could see the joy playing on his lips.

"Don't you play dumb you- you WITCH!"

"I'm not a witch!" You scoff.

"Then why do you dress like one?" A scowl plastered his face as you shake your head. "That's not why I'm here, I need you to stop being such a dick! That means stop tripping me over or knocking glasses to the ground and make it look as if it's my fault! A prank here and there is cute and clever but now you're going out of your way to hurt me," prodding a finger at his chest, your face had fallen from annoyed into a simple frown.

Loki went to speak, something, anything but you cut him off.

"This hair colour better be gone by the end of the day or I swear to Sif I will personally cut off your hair and make you eat it!" Storming off to you room, the door swung open then slammed shut as Loki peered down the hall with a conflicted look.

He didn't mean to hurt you- well, he did in a way... but not like this.

"Mx L/n, would you like to talk about it?"

You turned towards the ceiling and sighed. "About what, Jarv? The fact that I thought Loki wasn't such a dick? Or the fact that I feel like a burden to the Avengers? Or maybe the daily reminders that I will never be successful?"

"How about all of it?"

Taking a deep breath you cuddle one of your pillows, staring out the window.

"I've never been successful... of course I graduated university but after that there was nothing more for me," silence held as you took a breath. "Then I come here, unwillingly and I'm surrounded by literal world renowned heroes! Billionaire Tony Stark, Mr 7 PHD's Banner, world's deadliest assassin Romanoff and her buddy Barton who's the best archer to ever live, a super soldier who fought through giant battles with many recognitions on sacrifice and courage, then two literal gods! How am I to compete with that?!"

"They're well into their years, Mx L/n, you're young. Maybe you just need to wait for your opportunity?" The AI questions in a comforting voice.

"I haven't had an opportunity in the 5 years I've worked, in my town I'm just that person who likes Marvel, no friends, no parents..."

"My condolences, Mx L/n,"

You chuckle and wipe a tear on the pillow. "It's alright, I just- Loki doesn't understand that he actually has people in his life that care about him when I... I have nothing, sure Laufey left him and Odin took him only as a peace bargain but he has Thor and Frigga- And I'm not saying I had it worse, god no, but he has people there for him... I don't,"

"Look at it this way, now you do, I'm glad to say the Avengers think of you as family, so what's this about being a burden?"

Shifting positions you spread your arms out on the large bed. "I don't know... I just feel like I'm another problem they have to deal with, I mean it's kind of true, Director Fury seemed to express that-"

"Mind my language but Director Fury is an arsehole," a smile creeped up your face. "And you better get that crude thought of being a burden out of your head, you seemed to have brought the Avengers closer,"

"Thank you, Jarv," you say, wiping away tears from your slightly puffy eyes.

"You're very welcome, also Miss Romanoff has asked to meet you in the living room,"

Thanking the AI once more you stand up and catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror, your hair was back to normal. Smiling you walk over to the living room and spot Nat kicking Clints ass.

"Y/n! We are going shopping, Christmas is a week away and we need to look good for Tony's Christmas party, that mean no jeans and no band shirts," agreeing to her request Clint pleads for mercy you do a double take at her sentence.

"Christmas?! What the-" you look over at the calendar to see that December was in full force.

"Please, Nat! I didn't steal your Russian candies! Only Tony can erase the CCTV footage!" He whimpers as Nat walks away with a smile.

Linking your arm with hers you walk down the hall. "You already kicked Tony's ass right?" She nods with a grin. "And you only wanted to beat Clint up because why not?" She just smiles as you part ways to get ready for the day.

~~~

"Are you sure?" The clothing you wore seemed so out of touch, incredibly abnormal.

"You look great,"

"Can we try something else?"

"Anything... as long as it's formal like this, got i?"

Nodding your head in a dramatic despair,  you trod off. "Yes, ma'am,"

~~~

How are you guys doing?

- Anna ❤️