Chapter 20 - Theories

"That's the thing that did the thing that thinged me to this thingy thing-" stuttering through that sentence Bruce got you to elaborate. "What I meant was, that the mist that transported me to this world! That's the source of my fiction travel stuff,"

"Be careful we don't know if it's stable or not, I have a stabiliser, it might be able to hold it open." You look back at him questioningly. "You did want to get your things right?"

~~~

The stabiliser was set up and running, not even god knows if it will work to keep it from closing. Hyping yourself up you carefully step into the mist, you were back at home, in your room. Looking at the clock you see the time being 12 pm, grabbing your suitcase from the storage closet you start to pack important things that you listed before. Despite not having a lot of money your had a large amount of things that you treasured. You finally grab your favourite bag and place your laptop in it with its charger. Walking back to your room you see the mist still there.

"Thank Frigga!" Making sure everything was accounted for you see police tape covering your lawn. "What the-?" You quickly push your things into the portal and walk outside to the nearest lamp post.

Missing
Y/n L/n
Last seen on the 16th of January 2020
Any information must be reported to local police

Below the text was a picture of you from work. Hearing sirens in the background you dash back into your house and close the door, running for your room you thankfully see the mist still in it's place, you lunge at it and fall through into the lab.

"Oh thank god, I was worrying when you didn't come back with your things!" Bruce clutches his chest and sighs.

"Let's shut this thing down because feds are on their way," you say quickly as Bruce saves his questions for later and shuts down the stabiliser. Immediately the fog zaps out of existence. "That was cool,"

"Why were the police on their way?"

You shrug. "I don't know, maybe one of my neighbours saw me, I'm reported missing back there." He nods as he moves your things out the way. "Now, we know I can control that fog gas mist portal thing-"

"Well control is a bit of a stretch,"

You turn around to face Tony. "Hey Stark... buddy, amigo,"

He pats your shoulder and pulls up a chair. "No need to tremble in fear, Nosedive, I'm glad you got your things," he looks down at your things. "Go unpack, no need to cook, takeout for tonight,"

You thank them both before teleporting to your room. You look at the bookshelf at the other side of the room, unpacking your pop funkos you placed them in order of movie, you couldn't deny you had an obsession with pop funkos.

Next was clothing, you hung up dresses and folded pants, casual shirts were put away and dress shirts were hung up along with hoodies. Taking out the last of your t-shirts, majority were marvel shirts might you add, softest being your Loki shirt which was a dark green and had a geometric version of his helmet on it.

"Dinner has arrived, Mx L/n," you look at the time to see it was 6pm. Thanking the AI you quickly slip into some shorts and the Loki shirt, considering you did wear it to bed back in your dimension.

"Cute shirt," Clint smirked as you walked with him down the halls.

"Shut up, bird brain, it's comfy," the same exchange happened with Tony causing the same reply. Chinese was for dinner, though lacking the extra team mates it was still nice.

"Goodnight, dumb and dumber, goodnight, Bruce!" Clint flips you off as Tony ignored your comment.

"Goodnight, Y/n," The doctor says as you part ways in the hall. You enter your room with a sigh and flop on the bed.