Chapter 18 - The death of a Queen

A few days passed, Frigga had invited you, Thor and Jane to walk with her through Asgard. You wore traditional Asgardian armour that the queen had custom made for you, just a day after seeing you spar with Thor. (Picture above, just imagine it blue, illustration by @andyparkart on Instagram). You couldn't deny that you were getting good at fighting.

"So that's why you never mix red bull and milk," you finish your story.

"I must try this red bull! It seems like a wonderful concoction,"

You were about to reply but a sudden noise coming from the prisons stopped you.

"The prisons," Frigga murmurs.

"Loki," you and Thor say in unison. Your first mistake was forgetting what this scene entails... what would happen next.

"Go, I will look after her," Frigga nod for you two to go.

You and Thor run up the stairs, you grab onto his arm as Mjølnir swings to his grasp and take you to the prisons.

"Return to your cells and no further harm will come to you," Thor says as you both reach the prison.

"You have our word," you promise the creatures, they seem to contemplate it until one punches Thor square in the face. "Never mind, you don't have our word," conjuring a weapon from no where was not a strong point so you took a spear off the ground and help Thor fight back the prisoners.

"Boys! A little help here?" You shouted to Fandral and Volstagg. You were getting cornered by too many creatures, taking a deep breath you pop up on the other side of the chaos and smile, punching the air. "Yes! Shit-" you duck when a club was swung at you. Kicking the prisoner in his guts you knock him out with a simple spin kick thingy you had no time to learn the name of.

Luring some baddies from the group fight to the edge of the fight, you look back and do your best to conjure up daggers. Crossing your hands across your chest then striking downwards you smirk as two blue daggers turn up in hand. Running up to them you stab each one quickly. Unbeknownst to you Loki was watching you the entire time from his cell.

"Dark elves!" Someone shouts once every prisoner was either dead or in a cell, realisation hits you.

Frigga.

"Thor! Get to Frigga!" Fear fills you, fueling your powers you teleport to the best of your abilities to Frigga. Stumbling over a wall you pick yourself up and see a door at the end of the hall. "Please be the right room," you rush down the hall and into the room. Shock fills you as you see Frigga being stabbed in the back. You turn to see Thor flying in with a bolt of lightning striking Malekith. You rush to Friggas side not knowing what to do, Odin soon enters with a look of distraught, he takes Frigga off your hands and cradles her head. You stand up and walk backwards tripping over the steps, Thor catching you in the process.

~~~

"I could have stopped it- I should have-" Jane was helping you clean a scratch from the battle that day, the funeral for Frigga would be held later this night.

"It's wasn't your fault, Y/n," she cooed. Standing up from the bed you start to pace the room.

"But it is! I knew it was going to happen but I was too caught up fighting bad guys to remember the most vital death of this movie!" You roared. Jane seemed to not hesitate to lead you back to the bed, tending to the last scratch.

"Listen to me, you did not stab her, you did not lead Malekith to her... she sacrificed her life to save me and you and everyone on this planet, if Malekith had gotten to me then who knows what would happen," taking in a deep breath and holding for a few seconds you let it out. "And there is not stopping you from feeling guilty, I know that, but just don't blame yourself, ok?" She uses her finger to move your face to face her.