Chapter 28 - Grandmaster

"What was that about?" Loki asks, breaking the deafening silence.

"The guy wouldn't get his hands off me when I asked, so I made him," you left no room for conversation as you continued down the hall. Where was that damn room?! Silence continued until Loki had had enough.

"Oh for the sake of the nine realms, will you stop giving me the cold shoulder?" He stops in front of you with a frown. "You're being immature!" You scoff and fold your arms.

"Me? Immature? I'm sorry but I'm not the one sleeping with a skank called Cookie!"

"At least I'm not flirting with every guy I see," he says angrily.

"What? What do you mean by that?!" He smirks.

"I mean that at least I stick with one person and aren't that desperate," he snarls.

"Who? Who in the nine realms am I flirting with?!" He starts to list off people.

"Volstagg, Fandral, that wizard, my brother?!" Your mouth hangs open in shock.

"Flirting?! Volstagg was a friendly kiss thank you, Fandral is a flirt you can't stop that, Dr Strange is a gentleman and your brother is my BEST FRIEND! Ipso facto shithead, I care about him!" You continue down the hall in a rage. "Don't you ever mix desperation with friendliness!" He appears in front of you, your bodies colliding.

"Flirting is flirting, Y/n," with his stern voice he backs you against a door.

"Why should you care? You have Cookie," you growl. Pushing past him you look down the hall and see more doors, you groan in frustration as he catches up with you.

"I may have her but-"

"But what?! What is it-" he pulls your face to his. God you missed this... you missed his kiss. Everything seemed to fade out until-

"Oh my Sakaar! Loki you ass!" Loki pulls back from you and turns to the voice. Cookie stood there fuming, you couldn't help but smirk, you thought Loki would ignore her, pull you back in and never let go... oh how wrong you were!

"Cookie, darling, Wait!" He let go of you and ran after the pink toy like a puppy. You stood shocked for at least a minute before regaining yourself and storming off into the nearest bedroom, looking around you saw by the bed your clothes. Sighing you conjure up the first shirt that pops into your mind, looking at the shirt you sniffle to see it was Loki's cotton shirt he gave to you.

"Brain, sometimes I hate you," slipping into the green cotton you bury yourself in pillows and blankets. Summoning the refillable juice box you sip at it sadly. How did it get to this? You shouldn't care, you guys aren't an item... you weren't even a proper fling... then why did it hurt so much? "For once I wish I didn't have any of this... just that mediocre life with simple boys, sadly even the guys back in my dimension are dicks... there's no escaping this doom!" You rant into the darkness, your mind wanders back to that vision Wanda gave you, of your deepest fear... she did predict something... Loki would leave you for a better girl, even if that girl was a bland barbie brat.

~~~

You stir in bed when there was a sudden shadow. Opening one eyes you see the Grandmaster above you. "Oh for fucks sake!" You roll away as he falls down.

"Hey there, bud," he says cheerily. "Wanna get some breakfast?" Looking at the nearest time source you see a weird clock with symbols on it.

"What's the time?" You rub your eyes.

"Six to the third chicken gawk," he says casually as he sits on the bed across from you. You quirk a bow at the gibberish. "Oh! You mean by time in your sense... it's like 8 in the morning," you nod slowly. "So breakfast?" He says excitedly, standing up and stretching you nod and walk out into the hall with him.

"So what does one eat in Sakaar?"

"Globnish," he says with a grin.

"Ok didn't know we were eating the grey stuff from beauty and the beast..."

"Try the grey stuff, it's delicious," he sings, you stop and turn to him. "Oh yeah, we have Earthly movies here, I've seen every Disney movie," he says with a grin. Grandmaster was pretty cool! "Here we are," he opens the a door to reveal a long table of weird colourful food.

~~~

You had settled for the closest things to pancakes... I mean it looked like pancakes despite the funky colours. Digging in you moan at the sweet taste. "Liking the leket?" You nod fast and continue to eat, you then poke at a weird scaly purple fruit. "That's a ploquet, tastes like the mangi? Mango? That you have on earth," you open it up and take a bit of the fruit, melting at the taste.

"I think I'll stay here forever!" He chuckles and plops a weird yellow berry into his mouth, you daringly did the same.

"Loki! Glad you've joined us," Loki walks into the room stealing a glance at you before sitting down. You take a newspaper that was next to your plate and open it. Thankfully a spell helped so you could read it, you continued to eat when the Grandmaster chimed in. "Y/n? Can you read that?" You nod.

"It's a spell, changes any foreign language to what I can read when I touch it," his interest perks.

"Magic? I can do magic!" He pretends to pull of his thumb, you giggle and shake your head.

"As impressive as that is, it's not exactly what I do," he gestures you to continue. "For one, I can change out of these," you gesture to the cotton green shirt, you pale when you realise who's it is, you look up to see Loki staring. You wave your hand and were in a black skirt and blue off shoulder top paired with boots. The Grandmaster claps excitedly.

"Can you disappear?" You nod quietly pop up behind him.

"How's this?" He shrieks like a girl before composing himself.

"That was brilliant!" You thank him and return to your seat.

~~~

At this point all I listen to is Doja cat

At this point all I listen to is Doja cat... I'm not even mad

- Anna ❤️