Chapter 5 - Dinner with the team

You sit down at your seat to see in front of you a wrapped up shawarma. Stifling a laugh, you turn to Tony who had just sat down. "Is this from that shawarma place you guys went to after the battle of New York?"

"The one and only!"

You smile and dig in, flavours melting in your mouth until Bruce turns to you. "So, Y/n, do you have any ideas about how you did that whole 'stopping bullets' thing?"

You shrug and swallow the food. "Well I have one idea..." Bruce hums for you to continue. "It's Asgardian magic," Everyone but Thor and Natasha chokes on their food, mainly because Natasha was not eating and Thor wasn't paying attention.

"Why would you say that?" You take a sip of water and look at Tony.

"Before I state my reasoning I want Tony to promise he won't laugh," Tony raises his fingers.

"Scouts honour," you sigh and look down at your food.

"So back in my universe before I went to bed and got transported here I was... reading a story-"

"Fan fic..." Tony coughs.

You shoot him a glare before continuing.

"There is a knife, I will use it," you deadpan before going on, "well in the one I was reading this exact situation was happening and the character had Asgardian magic and had a similar situation... I'm certain the story was called Another Universe,"

"So what you're saying is whatever you read may be happening here?"

You nod at Bruce's conclusion. "Now you understand why I thought it was a dream at first, I also think it may be activated by emotions like fear or embarrassment," An idea seemed to have sparked in Tony's head, he turns to you with a grin. "What do you want, Iron ass?" His grin grows wider then into a thoughtful look.

"Just wondering... was this an x reader?"

You choke on your food suddenly. "Tony how do you know what-"

"I do research..." you grimace before he continues. "So this story is an x reader am I correct?"

You send him a glare. "Tony whatever you're implying know that I will-"

"I'm not implying, nosedive, just stating," you cringe at the thought he may know. "Now it wasn't about me I know that, could it have been our patriotic man with an ass?"

You chortle. "At least you know I'd read cap fanfic before I came close to reading iron man fanfic,"

Tony pouts before continuing. "But it wasn't Cap was it? Could it be Point break fic?" You roll your eyes and take a bite out of your shawarma. "No? How about Rock of ages fanfic," You suddenly choke on your food, so does Loki. "AHA! Gotcha! Nosedive reads-" with the overwhelming feeling of embarrassment you feel yourself tense up. "Hey! Where'd they go?" You look down at your hands to see them gone. Everyone seems to look around searching for you. Perfect. Tony stands up to see where you were, you creep behind him and slowly and quietly pull out his chair. He shrugs and sits down falling backwards into his ass.

"Gotcha!" You laugh and suddenly you feel yourself relax. "Oh no..." you see Tony smirk and get up. "I'm sorry please don't-" you yelp and run away from Tony who was chasing you around the table. Everyone seemed to laugh, even Loki, though he was still a bit confused and embarrassed.

"Thor? What is this fanfic they speak of?" Thot turns to his brother a shrugs.

"I'm not sure, brother, but I do think Lady Natasha knows," Loki grunts before sneering a reply.

"I'm not your brother," Loki turns to Natasha who was happily ignoring the ruckus. "Lady Widow, what is this fanfic they speak of?" Nat turns to Loki slowly.

"It's like fictional stories that fans make of their favourite characters nd before you ask x reader stories are stories where the reader and the character are together," she goes back to munching on her food. Loki's colour drains from his face, replaced with a pink tint along both cheeks.

As you slid across the room with your socks and into the living room Tony smashes into a pillar. "Oh my god Tony are you ok?-" you run over to Tony who was groaning.

"I-" He grabs your arm and pulls you to the floor. "Gotcha," you squeak and feel a fresh breeze. You disappeared from Tony's grasps into Nat's arm.

"Sorry, Nat!" You scamper out of her grasp and down the hall, Tony following suit with a determined glare. Did I just teleport?

~later in the night~

You cautiously went down the hall after making sure Tony was asleep. Creeping quietly you turn the corner to the kitchen only to be met with the sight of Thor munching on Poptarts. This is exactly like a fan fiction.

"Hey, Thor," He squeaks before turning to you with a scared look. "Give me one of those and we will never speak of this again," squinting his eyes at you he nods.

"Not a word," he hands you a pop tart, you quickly grab a glass of water and went back to your room. It's as if I'm the reader in a fan fiction...

~~~

I bet you're all dying of second hand embarrassment :)

- Anna ❤️