The hunter phobia

I was literally shaking as I got ready for school. I was wearing a cream colored embroidered lace shirtdress and matching flats. I'd left my hair down and straight today, not feeling up to dealing with it. As I stepped downstairs, Damon scowled at me.

"Did you really stay here last night?" He asked. I nodded.

"Jakob won't leave me alone at my apartment and luckily he doesn't know where you live so for the time being this is my secret hideout." I answered, voice quivering. Damon gave me a penetrating stare.

"Something's wrong. Spit it out." He told me. I pursed my lips into a frown and crossed my arms over my chest.

"What makes you think-"

"Arielle, nothing scares you. If you didn't go around giving everyone speeches showing your endless wisdom I'd think you were a psyopath." He says with an eye roll. I glare down at the ground and then sigh, walking over to the fridge and pulling out a blood bag and pouring it into a cup.

"The hunter." I said quietly. He stared at me for a minute and then burst out laughing.

"Let me get this straight you, who walked straight into a trap when Alaric called you down to the school and stabbed you with the white oak stake and then beat the hell out of him, are afraid of a normal human hunter? You, who dates the worlds most evil sociopath on the planet are scared?" He chuckled. I scowled at him.

"He's no normal human." I muttered and he stopped laughing, his eyebrows knitting together at my comment.

"What do you know about him?" He asked. I shake my head.

"Something awful. But I can't tell you." I told him. He sent a scowl back my way. I chose to ignore his look of annoyance and walked past him and grabbed my bag off the chair and headed towards the door. 

"Hey if you hear from Klaus, tell him I need to talk to him okay? He's supposed to be coming back to town." I said quietly. Normally Damon would've made a snarky comment about Klaus or our relationship but instead he remained quiet and sent me a nod. Could everyone hear the worry in my  voice? I shook it off and got in my rental car (I was not risking going to get my car and have Jakob follow it) and drove too school. I parked the car and got out once there. I sighed as I walked up towards the school and into the classroom. 

Rebekah is there passing out flyers for some party she's throwing. She comes up to me and hands me one, smiling. I take it hesitantly, hands shaking. Rebekah gives me an odd look. I shook my head and handed it back too her.

"Sorry Beckah but I can't go to your party I...." I trailed off and then just shook my head. 

"What's wrong?" She asked, sounding both offended and concerned. Although Rebekah didn't let onto alot or had a lot of emotional barriers, we were long time friends. We did have our ups and downs but for the most part we cared about each other. I cared when Klaus treats her badly, and she cares on those rare occasions when I look like i'm going to be sick. I nod my head towards the classroom door and walk out. She follows  and we stand outside the classroom. I look both ways down the halls and then speak.

"Bekah, it's the five. The five are back! What am I going to do?" I whimpered and sank to the floor, tears once again threatening to fall from my eyes as desperation sinks in. She kneels down beside me. 

"The five? How are they back? I thought..." She trailed off. 

"That they were gone after 1846? I thought so too. I thought....I thought..." I trailed off and put my head into my hands as a sob bulit up in my throat and wracked through my body. Bekah put a hand on my shoulder.

"Who-"

"Bekah? What's going on?" A girl from our class asked, coming out into the hall and giving us a strange look. I looked up, tears streaking down my face and completely ruining my makeup. Rebekah turned too her.