The beginning of the end

"How fun." I said dryly as I walked into the Salvatore boarding house and saw Damon and Stefan torturing Elena. Elena glared at me. 

"Help me." She ordered and I shook my head. 

"This is for your own good. You seriously don't want to end up like I did!" I exclaimed and she struggled against her restraints once more. 

"I thought you followed Klaus to New Orleans?" He asked and I shrugged, not meeting his eyes. 

"I did, but I decided to come back here. I really need to focus on getting rid of Silas anyway. Where's Bonnie?" I asked and they shrugged. I sighed, this was going to be harder than I thought. I said farewell to them seeing as they were no use too me if they didn't know where Bonnie was and I called her cell phone once more. 

"Hello?" She answered. 

"Bonnie, finally you pick up! Do you happen to know where Silas is?" I asked. 

"No, do you? I've been avoiding him." She stated and I scoffed. 

"Doesn't everyone?" I asked. 

"Why do you need to find him?" She asked. 

"To end him." I said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Suddenly a shiver went up my spine, causing a gasp to fall from my lips. 

"I'm right behind you." His voice said and I dropped my phone and whipped around, ready for a fight when something cold and heavy was clasped onto my upper arm. I looked at Silas, now in the form of Stefan, and then to the armband. It was the one I had seen lying on Professor Shane's desk a long while ago, the one that called out Silas' name. 

"What the hell?" I muttered as I clawed at the gold armband, trying to pry it off but it was like it was now attached to my skin. I looked up at Silas with a glare. "What is this thing?" I growled. 

"You'll find out soon enough." He said maliciously and suddenly the world started to blur. I started to sway, my knees getting weak and he reached out and put his hand around my other arm to steady me. 

"Wh-what's it doing to me?" I croaked out as black dots danced across my vision. 

"Absorbing your power." He said triumphantly and I couldn't respond. I could feel it-it was taking my power-faster than my magic could replace it. I glared up at him through half lidded eyes. 

"H-ow?" I managed out. My legs couldn't hold me anymore and he allowed me to crumple to the ground. I couldn't move my body! I had no control any longer, I couldn't even open my mouth to speak anymore. 

"I'd originally created this two thousand years ago to use against Qestsiyah. Obviously I never got the chance but this works out well too. It's a little like channeling as you'll soon figure out." He told me and just as he scoped down to pick me up, my world went black. 

***

"This is bad, so so bad!" Abigail panicked and Betty paced. 

"Hush, Abigail, panicking will not fix anything." Sheila tried to calm but Abigail wasn't having any of it. 

"There is no time for being calm, Sheila! He's taking her power! And we can't do a thing because if she channels our powers, he'll just absorb that too! Gabrielle has an endless supply of magic, you want to know what he can do now? He can-"

"I know what he will eventually be able to do, Abigail but if we panic than we can't think of a way to fix this." She calmed. 

I wish I was stil there, one of you could've contacted me and I could've helped." Jeremy spoke. 

"Nothing to do about it now, Jeremy." Alaric calmed him. "We need to figure something out. Is there a way you can contact Matt, Jeremy? Like Vicki did?" Alaric asked him and Jeremy shook his head. 

"Vicki had the help of the witches to cross the other side and it was a strong pull on both sides. I don't know if we could do that again. Besides any magic used from witches on this side to be used on the other side is instantly going through Ari and he'll just absorb the magic." Jeremy explained. 

"How did you know that?" Sheila asked in surprise. 

"Bonnie spends a lot of time with Ari, I spent a lot of time with Bonnie. She tells me stuff. Arielle is the link to the earth for all the witches on the other side. Most of the time Arielle can't stop them from channeling her to use magic on the other side but I'm assuming that any magic the witches cast here that will affect the living will simply be absorbed." 

"He's right." Abigail agreed. "Any magic we cast that directly or indirectly affects the livng will go straight through Gabrielle and be absorbed. In fact we need to avoid casting any magic if possible. Even Qetsiyah couldn't do anything while on this side." Abigail said miserably. Suddenly a light bulb went off in Sheila's eyes. 

"On this side." She stated calmly. "Bonnie plans on temporarily merging the living with the other side. We'll be able to cast our magic and warn the others then." Sheila said. 

"But will we have enough time?" 

"We can only hope." That was a new voice, a voice I didn't recognize. It was thickly accented and smooth, like chocolate and a woman's. 

"Qetsiyah." Abigail said in fear and hid Betty behind her. 

"I refuse to allow Silas to reunite with his lover. Our goal from now on is too make sure we free Arielle from his power. He will join me on this side or he can stay on that earth alone forever." She hissed and then she turned and left. 

"She scares me." Betty whispered minutes after she was gone. Abigail nodded her agreement. 

"As much as we all don't like her, she's right. Freeing Arielle is a priority." Sheila agreed. 

"Hurry, Bonnie." Jeremy whispered. 

***